First time, no sanitizer, pee'd on it...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking of this thread just a few days ago. I posted a response in another thread along the lines of "I wonder how long it will be before someone recommends peeing on equipment for sanitation purposes. Someone quickly rebuked me for being so silly and reminded me that although sterile, it is not a sanitizer! :)

star san vs iodophor, now male vs female urine?

let the debate begin!

I was thinking more on the lines of

Human vs Monkey

Cat vs Dog

Rat vs Rabbit

Horse vs Donkey

(actually I could see the above as some new weird form of UFC cage match).

I mean, have there been any studies on the best urine sanitizer?

For some ODD reason, I can't seem to find urine listed on the FDA's sanitizer list. Then again they don't list oxyclean either and I know that works.

I can't believe so many people have wasted their time reading this dribble let alone taking the time to reply. I am so ashamed of my useless waste of time. LOL

I haven't read the whole thread, but I'm willing to bet it's a regular using a second username to post as a joke.

All I can say is Wow anyone ever had a glass of fermented urine.It is sterile to start but that is the end of it

I do this all the time. It gives my brews a bracing mineral edge, especially if I've been taking my multivitamins.

i didn't have a free fermenter, so I drained my toilet and fermented in that. God knows I've peed in it enough times to make it REALLY sanitary.

i didn't have a free fermenter, so I drained my toilet and fermented in that. God knows I've peed in it enough times to make it REALLY sanitary.

I'm thinking it would be even better to just carb it in there. That way if I drink too much, it will make things that much easier. :D

I'm thinking it would be even better to just carb it in there. That way if I drink too much, it will make things that much easier. :D

WELL PHUCK!!

I used gobs of silicone lube on both lids, and drilled a hole in the top for the air lock, but I still can't get a good seal!

Mostly because my kids keep lifting up the lid and peeing in it.

I swear, I am going to kill them.

Back