First time kegging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigskooter

Reaction score
Just kegged my first batch yesterday. I set my c02 at 12 psi and placed my happy full keg in my newly purchased kegerator that i got from bev factory http://www.beveragefactory.com/draf...tor/Kegco_K309SS-2_dual_faucet_kegerator.html (pretty proud of this puppy)
When I got home from work today my c02 pressure was at 0 and I noticed that my tank pressure was in the "need to fill zone" on the regulator.
Since this is my first time trying to keg - am I missing the obvious other that I have a leak somewhere ?????

Did you use soapy water and check for leaks on the keg after you filled it up?

What type of fittings are you using? If your using the MFL fittings you should use the nylon O rings with them.

- Destin

Yeah. Nope. I guess I was too exited about not having to bottle I skipped that step. I'm using ball lock connection. I'm going to go spray connections with soapy water or star san

Do you know if it makes a diff keeping your c02 tank inside or outside of kegerators or keezers?

I read that my tank may not last as long keeping it inside the kegerator at such a low temp.

Doesn't matter how cold the tank is wrt how long a fill will last.

To dump an entire tank in one day would require a pretty good leak. My bet is either the lid never sealed, or you forgot to install the gasket between the tank valve and the regulator...

Cheers!

After disconnecting my regulator my plastic washer was still on the end of my regulator connection but a brass ring and a rubber washer fell out of the connection. After a few attempts I realized that the tank has a little piece that sticks out of the middle of the fitting and can actually be unthreaded from the connection. Somehow it had backed itself out and caused the brass ring am rubber washer to fall off. I reconnected and sprayed with star San and did not see any bubbles. I sprayed the other connection from regulator and the lid on keg as well. All looks good. I put back in kegerator to chill at 12psi. Wish me luck. Cheers

Back