First Time Kegging Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frogger42

Reaction score
I just did my first closed loop transfer from my fermentasaurus (it’s awesome) into a corny. Looks like I need to carb it up to 12psi at 40 degrees for proper co2 vol. how long will it take to equillibrate? If I wanted to drink carbonated beer in six days, what would I increase the pressure to and for how long?

Thanks in advance!

I just did my first closed loop transfer from my fermentasaurus (it’s awesome) into a corny. Looks like I need to carb it up to 12psi at 40 degrees for proper co2 vol. how long will it take to equillibrate? If I wanted to drink carbonated beer in six days, what would I increase the pressure to and for how long?

Thanks in advance!

If you set it at the desired co2 volume, it will take approximately 10-14 days to fully carb up.

What I do to hurry it along is to put it in the kegerator (the beer is warm when kegged) to 40 degrees at 30 psi for 36 hours then purge and reset to 12 psi. Then, I pour off about three ounces of the sludge and then have a sample. It's starting to get carbed enough, and the next day it's nearly fully carbed.

Back