First Time Keg Order, how's the price?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I put together my first kegging kit through keg connection and honestly I could not find a better price+shipping on any of the items but wanted to get a second look and see if the price is right.
  • Four 5 gall Pin Lock = $119.95 (29.99/keg)
  • Kegerator faucet kit (Taprite Regulator, 4ft. gas hose, party faucet, MFL Pin Lock Disconnects, 10 ft. beer line, and 5 lb. CO2 cylinder) = $158.68
Total = $278.63 (free shipping)

lCFEXkm.png

That's a smoking deal on pin-locks.
I need to pick more up so I can store a few backups for summer.

My only suggestion is if you can afford it go with the dual tap setup.
Once you start brewing you'll be glad you did.

I considered the dual body regulator but for the price I figured I would just wait until my next bonus at work and buy enough secondary regulators to split everything off and have individual PSI control per keg.

I ordered a kegging kit from Kegconnection as well. I love that you get to add or take away to customize the kit and got three ball locks for $97. They arrived clean and still pressurized from testing within a couple days. Great place to deal with.

I prefer ball lock for a couple of reasons, but the pin locks you got and that setup seem like a great deal.

I prefer ball lock for a couple of reasons, but the pin locks you got and that setup seem like a great deal.

I have both.
Originally had two ball locks i got from work yrs ago so i got a ball lock setup.
Then I found a 4 keg Corny setup on ebay cheap and went for pin locks to go with that.
besides, pin-locks are so much cheaper than ball locks and i have spare adapters for two types of pin lock if I need more ball locks.

i use ball lock now for my sanke adapter for commercial beer and my garbage can keggorator and when i go to a local brewery for fill up.

I've found myself needing to tweak the pressure without exposing the elements to my brew...due to my errors (over-pressurizing), or for depressurizing when sanitizing, etc. I've made pin locks work well in the past and hey...they are less expensive!

Before you checkout, listen to the podcast they have a link to on their website, they offer a coupon code during the intro. Wish I’d listened to the podcast before my order... by the way, I’m super happy with my order, I got pinlocks also. They were cheaper and fit better in our extra fridge.

Back