First time bottling/Result

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HankyPanky

Reaction score
Last night was the first time I bottled my beer. I have come to realize why people say kegging is the way to go. So while bottling I recruited the swmbo and she didn't like the process. This gave me some leverage at our bed time discussion. So guess who gets to get a kegerator? (THIS GUY :ban: ) So I looked on craigslist for a used mini fridge and kegs to start a DIY and I found a mini fridge for sell already converted and the guy only wants $100 includes every thing. So I think its a steal. Needed to tell someone else because my friends don't understand the significance of my finding.

Congrats. That will probably give you even more "leverage" during your bed time discussions! ha ha. Seriously, sounds like a good deal.
The advantage of bottles is you give them to friends and they take them home to drink. The advantage of a keg is your friends get to camp out at your house to drink your brew. Either way is great.

Congrats on your first brew and your find. I think it's important every brewers goes through the process of bottling beer at first. Almost like a badge of honor. I made it through about 10 batches before I decided to make the leap into a kegging setup.

Back