First Homebrew tasting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maniacmcgoo

Reaction score
So I figured I'd pop open my first bottle to taste knowing it's still a bit green. It gushed a tiny bit about 20 seconds after opening. Poured into a Belgian glass since it's a Belgian. Nice head great mouth feel a slight banana taste in the back end. No Belgian funkiness. Cannot wait for it to finish. I think I have one heck of a first Homebrew.

Congrats. The first taste of my first homebrew was like the clouds went apart, opened up for the sun and it just said laaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

I have a great lakes Christmas Ale clone sitting and clearing up it will have been there 2 weeks this friday and I have an Irish Red Ale that was pitched on Sunday night.

Next brew? I'm not too sure I have some intention of finding and making a festbier from Gordon Biersch clone but I haven't looked into it much to see if i need to lager it or not. (no way to maintain low temps for weeks consistently in Virginia this time of year without more investment.)

Pic of my home brew Belgian Tripel

image.jpg

Back