First competition!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeBronco

Reaction score
<<<<< Gloating On >>>>

I entered into my FIRST ever BJCP competition last month. It was the Gold Country "Celebrewtion". The results were just posted and....

I took 2nd place for my "Robust Porter"! :tank::ban::rockin::ban::tank::mug:
This beer was my FIRST ever all grain beer and it took second place! Wow, i wasn't expecting to win anything!

<<<<< Gloating Off >>>>

I did neglect to mention that i entered 4 beers... And hey, i have room for improvement! It was only second place :tank:

Sacramento County fair or the State fair?

Sorry, I meant the entry is due end of May (actually just looked it up, it's mid-May) and the competition is on June 6th. I hope they store the bottles well!

It is the San Mateo County Fair. I'm also going to do the Santa Cruz Fair in September. I'll be doing an APA for each, and maybe throw in whatever else I have on tap, but because the APA category will be swamped I'm not expecting to place. I just want to get some feedback and see how they do. I'm also doing ones I can drive to and drop of the bottles.

The great part about the bay area is that most of the LHBS will deliver beers to the competitions for you. That way you dont have to ship. Have you been to the new brew store there in San Jose yet?

The great part about the bay area is that most of the LHBS will deliver beers to the competitions for you. That way you dont have to ship. Have you been to the new brew store there in San Jose yet?

No I have not! What/where is it? Well, I guess I know what it is.

Whenever I hear about competitions on The BN they always specifically mention the Concord More Beer, and since I frequent the Los Altos one Concord doesn't help me. I should look into it though.

Im not sure which one is new but there is a new HBS in San Jose... I know about Fermentation Solutions off of Winchester Beer and Wine Makers/ off of east brokshaw and a few a bit closer to me HopTech (my LHBS) in Dublin, one in San leandro, Livermore and you know about Concord MoreBeer...

HopTech dropped off my beer to the GoldCountry comp. for free.

I wasn't too fond of Fermentation Solutions, although they do have the auto-siphons I like. So I stop in there every few months. I haven't checked out Beer and Wine Makers though, but I have heard of them.

As for the east bay, I'm only ever over there when I'm working, so I don't have a chance to check out the HBS.

I wasn't too fond of Fermentation Solutions, although they do have the auto-siphons I like. So I stop in there every few months. I haven't checked out Beer and Wine Makers though, but I have heard of them.

As for the east bay, I'm only ever over there when I'm working, so I don't have a chance to check out the HBS.

Ill find out the new shop name for you. The owners of my LHBS were telling me about them, i guess they just opened a few months/year ago.

Ill find out the new shop name for you. The owners of my LHBS were telling me about them, i guess they just opened a few months/year ago.

Cool, just shoot me a PM when you find out the name.

Look forward to competing against you in some future comps! :rockin:

Latest posts

Back