First brew top pop

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drhusker18

Reaction score
I'm image.jpg

My first brew is ready! Tastes really good and higher than expected ABV based on how quickly it hit me.

Bavarian Hefeweizen NB kit. Has the good BH smell and flavor. Head retention is good. Darker than normal because I didn't realize the effect of full boil on malt extract. Still very good and I expect it to go quickly and share as the weather heats up.

Split this batch in two. The other other 2.5 gallons were used to make the lemon lime Hefeweizen. It will be ready in a week.

For those getting started- it scared me to death that the gravity reading tasted like crap! It just something to get used to.

Hopefully the pic comes through.

I'm View attachment 354581

My first brew is ready! Tastes really good and higher than expected ABV based on how quickly it hit me.

Bavarian Hefeweizen NB kit. Has the good BH smell and flavor. Head retention is good. Darker than normal because I didn't realize the effect of full boil on malt extract. Still very good and I expect it to go quickly and share as the weather heats up.

Split this batch in two. The other other 2.5 gallons were used to make the lemon lime Hefeweizen. It will be ready in a week.

For those getting started- it scared me to death that the gravity reading tasted like crap! It just something to get used to.

Hopefully the pic comes through.

Wow. Apparently my brew also defies gravity!!!!

Latest posts

Back