First Brew "In the Bag"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluespook

Reaction score
I just pitched my first extract brew...well, first beer brew of any kind. It's an IPA done mostly according to a recipe from EXtremeBrewing.

It's interesting how easy it all seems when you're about to begin, and how many times you question yourself while it's going on! I made a few goofy mistakes, and still wonder whether I screwed the pooch by laying a spoon on a dirty towel or something else of that order.

Had two beers while watching the boil and staring at the full fermenter with lock on it...wondering if it would bubble magically that soon.

Thanks for listening/reading...I consider this a form of therapy.
:D

Conrgratulations...and welcome to the obsession ;). If you put a spoon down on a dirty towel don't worry about it....it takes WAY more than that to infect beer. You would have to lick the spoon and then shove it in a carton of piss to do some damage (maybe not that much...but you get the point)

Yea, don't sweat it, and +1 to conpewter, get rolling on a second batch. It'll help your patience.

I agree with the guy earlier get another one going immediately, cause if you do what I did you'll drink it all and then brew your second batch and now theres a long wait to drink the next one.

+2 to getting your next batch going ASAP

It's nice to have 3 flavors in stock to cover all events....
or maybe 4...
oh yeah get a stout too...
and start a nice lager they take forever...
hmm let's see... that's 6 batches...

send some samples when your done ...
we want to see your progress. hehehehhe
(kidding obviously)
hehe
timg

i've done some apfelwein...good stuff
and i've done an extract brew of magic hat #9 recently. it came out pretty good, but it finishes with an "alcoholy" taste

Back