First Brew, First Post

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

50WBrew

Reaction score
new to forum... new to homebrewing... I've been reading the threads since i got started (7/30/11) and they have been more than helpful... thanks to all of posters!

Just checked the SG of my first batch (an American lager extract) and it was 1.022 at 10 days in primary fermenter... the recipe calls for a FG of 1.016. Im assuming it will get closer to that FG in the next few days? Or am I stuck?
I didnt take an OG reading (newbie mistake) so I am a little in the dark. The sample tasted great tho, been talking myself out of moving to secondary all day! If i see no activity in the next few days, should I move forward or pitch again?

You really don't even need to worry about taking a gravity until at LEAST the 3 week point, minimum. Like most of us on our first brew, you think there is something you need to do to make it go faster. Just let the yeast do their job and it will turn out great. RDWHAHB!!

Yes it is. That is why you need to start another batch now and keep the pipeline going. That way you'll never run out of beer.

Back