First brew finished!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monkeychef

Reaction score
Well, I've finished up my first beer! It was a Munton's Gold Docklands Porter kit that I gave an extra addition of chocolate malt. It scared me a little by sticking for a day or two at 1.020, but I swirled the bucket and all turned out well. Still tastes a tiny bit green but overall quite good. The first flavors are very delicate and then a more assertive roasted sweet nutty flavor creeps up on your palate. I got a little impatient and probably force-carbed and chilled this before it needed to be done, but since this is my first batch I have no other beer in the pipeline to distract me and I was getting antsy! Now I'm frantically trying to get another batch or two done because this is getting drank way faster than I thought it would.

In this first picture the head was all the way up to the top of the glass but all my fumbling around with the camera let it drop a bit. :(
100_14052.jpg

Not the most intricate fantastic lacing in the world but I'll take it! It's also darker than it looks in this picture, the flash makes it look way less black than it is.
100_14112.jpg

Hooray! Here's to many more to come :mug:

Back