First beer in the keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matt3360

Reaction score
Hi there guys just started my first proper beer brew took about 30 hour and now got me some airlock activity which is good.

just had one quick question, i used one of the beer kits that has the really stick and thick syrup only thing is i left a little of it in the can is this really going to effect my brew cause all seems well atm

thanks guys

You should be fine. It's pretty difficult to get all of it out. I usually set the extract container in my sink and warm it up with hot water for about 10 to 15 minutes while my grains are steeping. Liquid malt extract pours much easier when it's warm. Then I spoon in some hot wort or fill the container with a little hot water and swirl that around and scrap out what I can. But I never get it all out.

thanks mate should be good for the first time cant wait to drink it lol thans for your help

Back