First time brewing HELP

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aechavar

Reaction score
Hello, first time brewing here. I bought a Beer kit two days ago from Amazon, I actually han a Lot of problems while brewing, instructions were messed up and I figured out that my kit did not include the malt extract while I was actually about to use it.

I quickly googled out, and found that I could use Maple instead, so I did.

I brewed about 1 gallos on a Glass Carboy. Today 48 Hours later, I found out that I killed all my yeast because I added it at hot temperature.

Today I bought more yeast, got it started with sugary warm water, I noted gas coming out and then got them into my carboy.

Do you guys Think that my beer Will go wrong or altough I added it 48 Hours later it Will still be fine?

Thanks, first time brewing here!

Thank you!
I also noted today that fermentation started, buy my airlock got some og the juice. Is it ok to remove it, wash it, and put it on again,

Yep, as long as it is actively fermenting nothing too much can go wrong.
But don't leave the air lock off for too long.
Quickly clean, give it a sanitiser spray, fill and place back.
Sounds like you had a little too much volume in the fermenter :)

With your beer actively fermenting there will be a steady stream of CO2 leaving the hole where you removed the airlock and since bacteria are poor fliers, they won't get in. I'd probably define leaving the airlock off too long as more than a couple days. Go ahead and take it off to clean it.
But don't leave the air lock off for too long.

Welcome to our forums!
Is it ok to remove it, wash it, and put it on again,
As the others said, above, you can clean/wash the airlock.

But also sanitize it again, before you put it back on as well as the area around the rubber stopper. Anything that touches your (chilled) wort or beer, needs to be clean and sanitized.

Hello, first time brewing here. I bought a Beer kit two days ago from Amazon, I actually han a Lot of problems while brewing, instructions were messed up and I figured out that my kit did not include the malt extract while I was actually about to use it.

I quickly googled out, and found that I could use Maple instead, so I did.

I brewed about 1 gallos on a Glass Carboy. Today 48 Hours later, I found out that I killed all my yeast because I added it at hot temperature.

Today I bought more yeast, got it started with sugary warm water, I noted gas coming out and then got them into my carboy.

Do you guys Think that my beer Will go wrong or altough I added it 48 Hours later it Will still be fine?

Thanks, first time brewing here!
You should be fine As Papazian says, "relax don't worry, have a homebrew".
Watch the beginner brewer videos from Northern Brewer on Youtube. They show 5 gallon batches but the process is virtually identical for smaller batches.

Back