First beer, first force carb.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhobs126

Reaction score
I am fixing to keg my first batch of beer and was wondering if I could rack into a corny and just pop it with enough pressure to seal the lid and let it age for a couple of weeks at room temp. While NOT hooked up to gas. I only have a 2 keg kegerator and am pressed for space. I will force carb in the kegerator but was thinking about buying a separate regulator and bottle to force carb with while in refrigeration and to seal kegs with while at room temp. The reason I ask is that my beer will need to go in a keg while I still have kegs tapped in my kegerator .

I am fixing to keg my first batch of beer and was wondering if I could rack into a corny and just pop it with enough pressure to seal the lid and let it age for a couple of weeks at room temp. While NOT hooked up to gas. I only have a 2 keg kegerator and am pressed for space. I will force carb in the kegerator but was thinking about buying a separate regulator and bottle to force carb with while in refrigeration and to seal kegs with while at room temp. The reason I ask is that my beer will need to go in a keg while I still have kegs tapped in my kegerator .

Sure, you could do that. You could also prime the keg with priming sugar if you want, so that it carbs up when waiting for its turn in the kegerator.

That's what I originally wanted to do but after ready about it everyone says it causes really cloudy beer and that force carbonating allows more control.

Back