Connecting up a prefilled keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

griffo83

Reaction score
Hello all!

Just got my first kegerator and while I don't have time yet for my first brew I'm planning in getting a keg filled round the corner and chucking on the taps.

But I was wondering what pressure would be a filled keg, depending on carb method it could be quite high right? Does that mean i need to purge keg before attaching gas lines?

Sounds like you are getting a keg of beer. All kegs going into my kegerator are prefilled! I have my lagerator set to 12 psi most of the time. My serving pressure is 10 pis. I pull the relief valve then hook up my CO2 line before putting it on tap. I would take a cold keg there to get filled,

Sounds like you are getting a keg of beer. All kegs going into my kegerator are prefilled! I have my lagerator set to 12 psi most of the time. My serving pressure is 10 pis. I pull the relief valve then hook up my CO2 line before putting it on tap. I would take a cold keg there to get filled,
Cheers mate, yeh that's what I wasn't sure of. Couldn't find any info on hooking up filled kegs and was given some horror stories about back pressure...

So you're saying you just release the pressure that's in the head space before connecting CO2? Which will have no impact on carbonation of the beer.

Back