First Beer Ever

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think, besides a sip from whatever my Pop's was drinking, my first full beer was probably a Milwaukee Beast Ice from when I was around 15 years old. Terrible stuff...

Miller High Life. I was probably 9 or 10, asked mom if I could drink it because I wanted the bottle for something. She said yes thinking that I would end up dumping it-wrong!

Bud light my and my friend stole from his parents when were 13 or 14. Freaking terrible. The fanciest beer I ever drank until college was probably natty ice. Then my freshman year of college I went to Montreal with a few friends and we toured the Unibroue brewery then hit up their restaurant in Chambly for a tasting. Completely turned my view of beer around.

Started out like most underage kids are wont to do, regular old Budweiser. 4 of us would throw in 6 bucks a piece for a case and whoever was getting it would keep the change.

Man we used to get plowed off those 6 beers a piece.

Then moved to Miller High Life for a good amount of time, then Ice House, then Bud Light, then Busch Light.

Haven't looked back since.

Growing up I would always take sips of Dad's Bud heavy. At the age of 13 I snuck a bottle Bud Ice. I think the first beer I ever sat and 'enjoyed' was Bud Light.

Grandpa gave me a sip of his PBR (IRRC) at their cottage on Diamond Lake down by Lansing. I didn't think it tasted too bad. My sister hated it.

I can still hear my Grandma yelling, "Jerry, don't you give those kids beer!"

Budweiser. I think I was 5 or 6.

Tried to sneak a sip of daddy's drink when he wasn't looking. Hadn't developed fine motor skills yet. Spilled it all over my face and shirt and the floor. What little beer that made it into my little mouth was awful.

Small children are not very good at being sneaky. Or at least I wasn't.

Probably a little homebrew or a little lager when on holiday in France when I was 5 or 6.

No one in my family drinks. Mostly for religious reason, so I never got a sip of beer from anyone.

My first beer was when I was 15. I got a hold of a fake ID. The guy on the ID was 17, so I waited until his 18th birthday. Back then there were no pictures on NY drivers licenses.

My buddies and I bought a case of Heineken. I don't know why we bought Heineken. Someone said it was the best beer made, so we went with it.

We had a hollowed out area in some bushes near my house. We sat there and drank it. I remember it tasted like crap. I had a hard time choking it down. We all got caught by my Dad, who was walking the dog, and heard us hooting and hollering in the bushes. Stupid plan!

When I got home I got my favorite quote from my Father. "What next Kevin - heroin?" Good memories. :D

Pfeiffer - probably around 5 or 6 years old.

longkneck.jpg

I was a late bloomer. 18 in college, first weekend my dorm neighbor handed me a bottle of Bud.

It was not as carbonated and not nearly as sweet as I'd have that. Nothing like soda pop at all!

Come to think of it, I don't drink much pop anymore, and when I do, I'm surprised how sweet and carbonated it is!

By the time I was 16 I had passed out on various occasions and had a fit once when I was 13 i think due to drinking half a bottle of rum and half a bottle of whisky. Booze is in my blood.

My first beer story is a bit more romantic than others. I was 15 and on a vacation in Europe with my mom and sister. I haf gotten a passport card, which was kind of like an ID, and whoever entered the info in did it wrong and made me a year older than i was. Lucky for me with the lower drinking age. Although i honestly had never drank before and i was somewhat nervous to order a beer infront of my mom.

Anyways, We were about halfway through the trip and were up in the French alps at a lodge restaurant on the top of some beautiful mountain, sitting on the outside deck. My mom told me to order a beer and I got a mont blanc blonde, I had no idea what I was ordering but I liked the way it sounded. It ended up being absolutely delicious, perfect scenery, the perfect beer for the moment. My second was Guinness in Ireland.

I wish I could say my first lay was as magical but I guess I used up that luck on beer haha.
After that I didn't really drink until college, more of just a situational thing than desire.

I wish I could try one again to see of it really is as good as I remember it.

Well, here's one the "other" old timers will get. My first sip of beer was when I was a little guy. One of those cans with the cone-shaped top. Maybe Carling Black Label? It had a crown cap as I remember. I really like the taste of it & reached for some more! :drunk: Another time about then-this was in Wakeman, OH-pop had a bottle of Stroh's sittin' on a tree stump. While he gathered up the cut wood, I chugged a bunch of it. Good recipe back then, I dare say. :mug:

First taste of beer - Dad's Old Milwaukee Light, probably 4 or 5 years old.
First taste of beer (that I actually enjoyed) - Dad's Michelob Amber Bock, around 12 maybe?
First actual glass of beer - Half of a Foster's oil can, about 15.

My, how times have changed.

Everyone knows beer is a gateway drug. That's why Austin and TxBrew are adding an "Opiates & Psychedelics" subforum later on this week.

Sweet!

Dixie. I don't think I was riding a two wheel bike yet. Grandpa used to sit in the backyard and have me fetch his beers.

After that, it was a Budweiser pony. My uncle said it was okay since it was just a small beer. That's the same uncle who had me convinced weed smelled like cinnamon raisin bread.

Natty light. I was 5 and sitting on my dad's lap when he was having his daily beers with my uncle who lived next door. He gave me a sip, and I've had a love affair with beer ever since.

Back