first beer doesnt look right

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

afchad

Reaction score
So, I brewed a boundry waters wheat kit from Midwest. It stayed in primary for close to six weeks, then I kegged. Its been in get carbing at 12 psi for 13 days I does not look like the same as other examples of this kit I have seen. Its very dark! http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj203/hammettchad/beer_zps2fd0d1b3.jpg

I think the taste I am getting is the taste of a young beer....it doesn't taste bad, it just kinda tastes like.....?

The amount of time in the primary shouldn't have an affect on the color, although you could probably have transferred over in about 4

If it's an dme or lme and you put the extract in the beginning of the boil some of the sugar caramelized. For lighter colors add the extract at the end of the boil.

Sent from my kegerator

the taste is kinda sweet, the after taste is kinda like I chewed on a hops pellet, is this a green beer taste?...I have nothing to compare it too

Back