first batch.....SUCCESS!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neo68710

Reaction score
So I made my first beer at the beginning of January and decided that it was finally time to throw one in the fridge and see what I got. I brewed a DIPA and it couldn't have turned out better. Great carbonation and great head and the taste was better than I could have imagined. Just wanted to say thanks to everyone that replied to my noob posts and what a great site this is I'M HOOKED FOR LIFE! :ban:

Congrats, you had more patience than I did on my first batch.

No kidding. Well done on the waiting. You'll enjoy more beer, of better quality, than if you'd been hasty. Congrats on the brew!

So I made my first beer at the beginning of January and decided that it was finally time to throw one in the fridge and see what I got. I brewed a DIPA and it couldn't have turned out better. Great carbonation and great head and the taste was better than I could have imagined. Just wanted to say thanks to everyone that replied to my noob posts and what a great site this is I'M HOOKED FOR LIFE! :ban:

Congrats!
Quick question before you get too toasty on your beer.:D
What was your OG and how long did you let it carbonate? I have an IIPA and I'm about to bottle in 7 days or so...

Congrats as well!!! My first batch was awful and I drank them all before they had time to get better. Still addicted and made the switch to all grain after 4 extract batches. In this hobsession, patience is rewarded. There are certain lower gravity, simple brews that can be rushed some but if you have the patience to wait till it's great, you are on the right track! Now you have me craving a IIPA....

GReat job on the patience although i would have checked one a week or two like i do every batch after bottleing.If they aint right yet,they will be eventually most likely.Ive had better beers after a week and some months after bottleing.Drink em when you like em.

Right on, congrats! And my hat is off to you as well with your level of patience. Cheers! :mug:

You're doing much better than me. I've been doing the average 1 week primary, 2 weeks secondary, 3 weeks bottle routine and it's killing me!

It's going to be tough waiting out those last few days. And you did it 3 months!!!!

Wow, I thought I was being good!

Latest posts

Back