First batch and possible second

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RiseAgainstMe

Reaction score
I'm gonna do my first batch this Saturday. I have a Brewers Best English Brown Ale kit. For this kit I was wondering if anyone has personal experience/recommendations as to primary time and possible secondary time.
If it is recommended to do some secondary for this than the day I transfer I would like to get a second batch going already and was wondering what suggestions anyone has for a beer that will be ready and go well with the weather in Michigan in lets say april/may.
Also is it a good idea to get a second batch going before I even know if my first turns out ok?

Thanks

BB directions say to transfer to a secondary pretty quickly. ....

It was the first kit i did and I spent a ton of time reading this forum and figured out that you will get much better beer if you leave it in the primary for longer.

I did leave mine in the primary 2 weeks and did rack to a secondary for another 1 - 1/2 weeks. My next batch is still in the primary 3 weeks and will bottle next Saturday. I ended up buying another fermenter so I could do another batch which I did last Saturday.

I still have not tasted my first one... I am waiting until it bottle conditions for 3 weeks like everyone here recommends. Life is to short to drink bad beer.

I amy brew my fourth batch before I even taste the final product from my first one. I did taste them along the way and they all seem like they will be good.

I have done other BB kits and done the quick transfer, but I have found that it is not really needed unless dry hopping, adding oak, etc (or if you need the fermenter). I currently primary for a month and then bottle unless I am doing something else to the beer.

Getting the second one going will add to your pipeline so that you have multiple beers to drink at any given time.

Latest posts

Back