First All Grain Brew!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I missed some of my mash temps. Maybe next time I shouldn't brew when it's 45 degrees outside. Maybe a little warmer.

Lots of us brew way colder then that...you learn to adjust for it..Your having fun right?

I had so much fun. From designing my recipe, milling the grain, making a yeast starter, and looking all crazy with my system.

I'm not sure how it will taste as I messed up on some calculations.

But in the end it was fun. Almost done cleaning up.

Best yet, my wife isn't pissed because I am outside now!

I had so much fun. From designing my recipe, milling the grain, making a yeast starter, and looking all crazy with my system.

I love this! Your system resembles mine (also a HERMS setup. Tho I use an inverted keg as a mash tun.) But my point is, in warm weather we brew in the driveway (cold weather, in the garage). I just moved here in May. The first time we brewed, people driving by we're giving us looks like we have a moonshine still going! But, sure enough... A few people stopped. "You guys brewers?" Turns out, there are quite a few brewers (and cider makers and wine makers) in the neighborhood.
I bet this first all grain is going to be great! Enjoy!

Mike

Latest posts

Back