Finally I decided to post....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bweinel

Reaction score
Greetings to all,

I'll admit that I have been reading this forum as a 'lurker' for years, but I have never jumped in to post anything. I guess I just didn't feel I had anything of real importance to pass on to the group. I've been home brewing for roughly 8 years (both extract and grain brews.) My favorite brews are English ales and German lagers. I started out doing ale extracts and then worked my way up to doing 'cold brew' lagers. I have really benefited from reading all the hints and tips from other members here (thanks!)

Unfortunately, I'm probably on the way out of home brewing, since I have recently been given an order of 'no more alcohol consumption' by my doctor due to a medical condition. :( So, I figured it was time to jump in here and thank all the forum members for their tips, techniques, and humor, that have contributed to my past brewing successes. Hopefully I'll still be reading and lurking in the background to see what's cooking.

Keep on brewing!
Bill

Greetings to all,

I'll admit that I have been reading this forum as a 'lurker' for years, but I have never jumped in to post anything. I guess I just didn't feel I had anything of real importance to pass on to the group. I've been home brewing for roughly 8 years (both extract and grain brews.) My favorite brews are English ales and German lagers. I started out doing ale extracts and then worked my way up to doing 'cold brew' lagers. I have really benefited from reading all the hints and tips from other members here (thanks!)

Unfortunately, I'm probably on the way out of home brewing, since I have recently been given an order of 'no more alcohol consumption' by my doctor due to a medical condition. :( So, I figured it was time to jump in here and thank all the forum members for their tips, techniques, and humor, that have contributed to my past brewing successes. Hopefully I'll still be reading and lurking in the background to see what's cooking.

Keep on brewing!
Bill
Sorry to hear that you have to move on from homebrewing. As mentioned, Kombucha is always an option. I also enjoy roasting coffee which is less time consuming compared to homebrewing and still very rewarding.

Sorry to hear you have to give up the hobby. If you are looking for a replacement hobby with some of the same skills, there are plenty of other food-related hobbies that might help scratch that itch. Several fermentation-related hobbies in particular overlap.

Latest posts

Back