Finally had my Craig's List day!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LarryC

Reaction score
I always hear about the deal somebody else got but seldom find one for me. Well, this week it has been a bit better - yesterday I picked up a 10# co2 tank for $45 bucks and today I got a pair of 10 gallon rubbermaid coolers for $80. Not quite like finding a Picasso at the swap meet for 2 bucks but it will do...

Good find. If not for craigslist I would not be able to afford this hobby. Found my keg (keggle build), freezer (ferm chamber), propane burner and a couple better bottles for cheap.

got one the other day too... 14 glass carboys, airlock's, bungs, thermometers, and a hydrometer all for 40 bux

Love CL. Scored an extra 20# propane tank yesterday for $15.

Semi related, I also sold a pair of congas in just two hours on CL yesterday.

Lookin to score a good chest freezer next. Plagiarizing from our Lottery slogan, if you don't look, you can't win!

Lookin to score a good chest freezer next. Plagiarizing from our Lottery slogan, if you don't look, you can't win!

In my experience, the best time of year to score a chest freezer is in the fall, when people are getting ready to store their cars in their garages in the winter and they realize they collected too much junk over the spring and summer and now need to make some room, and they don't use that chest freezer as much as they thought they would.

I love telling people, "I'm going to put a beer tap on it and turn it into a giant keg fridge!" The guys' jaws always drop a little bit and they give me that look like, "you can DO THAT?!"

Ha ha! You just sold a super-awesome beer holder to me for peanuts! LOSERS!

Lol, in my area now is a pretty good time to find a freezer. When the deer meat from last fall gets finished off or goes bad.

Since we have no seasons here (well, sometimes it rains a little) the prices stay pretty flat. Plus, I see new ones from Lowe's are pretty cheap and the newer they are the less electricity they use (mostly) so I think I'm going that route. I', sure I'll find something else to but from CL though - always one more thing I need...

I think CL is just a matter of being patient and checking a couple of times each day. The good stuff at a good price goes fast. You certainly don't want to buy somebodies junk, but if you see something that looks good, you have to be ready to pull the trigger.

Back