finally getting into it!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ncbrewnoob

Reaction score
after many years of saying "I'll do it next year" I finally got a Coopers 23L kit and am in the process of my first batch of lager. Its sitting in my home office right next to my desk and on the 7th day of fermentation. Coopers says after the SG is stable for 3 days its time to bottle but it seems that opinions on this site vary.
OG was 1040 and now for the last 3 days its been 1017,1016,1016. I dont have a carboy to make a transfer and I'm wondering if its ok to leave it in the original fermentation container for another week or so. Still very gassy. (the beer not me):

after many years of saying "I'll do it next year" I finally got a Coopers 23L kit and am in the process of my first batch of lager. Its sitting in my home office right next to my desk and on the 7th day of fermentation. Coopers says after the SG is stable for 3 days its time to bottle but it seems that opinions on this site vary.
OG was 1040 and now for the last 3 days its been 1017,1016,1016. I dont have a carboy to make a transfer and I'm wondering if its ok to leave it in the original fermentation container for another week or so. Still very gassy. (the beer not me):

Is it OK? Heck, it's recommended!

Welcome to HBT and the obsession!

Cheers
Jay

Yes to leave it is fine, what kit did you make? I've made their English Bitter and Irish Stout. And what JayBird said about welcome to the obsession. And it took a push for me too, my friend bought me a Mr Beer kit a few years ago once I started I couldn't stop.

The Coopers Lager that came with the kit is my first batch. Next up is an American Wheat from Northern Brewers. I'm gonna need a lot more bottles!!

Back