Finally getting back to making mead...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBrewingMedic

Reaction score
Now that life is sorted back out, I'm itching to get back on the bandwagon, and considering going large volume. I am considering buying a Speidel 120L plastic fermenter (link below) at $120 it seems really reasonable. I figure if I make 30+ gallons of a traditional I can try all kinds of things when splitting it up into smaller secondary fermenters.

Has anyone used or seen any of these speidel fermenters? really curious how well they work.

http://morewinemaking.com/view_product/12096/104256/Speidel_Plastic_Fermenter_-_120L_317_gal

No. Not seen those ones.

Last time I was drooling over Spiedel fermenters it was a 100 litre stainless one......beautiful, but rather out of my price range...

Thanks opus, I'll check those out before pre-ordering one. $120 seem reasonable but if they have issues, thats a bunch of money that could go towards honey instead

Have you considered a food grade drum, like one that honey or maple syrup is shipped in? Many people seem to use them for fermenting and bulk storing. Typically $15-50 depending on where you are. I have stumbled across 30-gallon and the more common 55-gallon.

Back