Final Gravity Question for Honey Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vesestilldrumming

Reaction score
Im reading on different sites that the final gravity on this white house honey ale is supposed to be 1.016-1.014. mine has been fermenting for two weeks now and is at 1.020 and pretty steady. should I leave it to see if it will drop any or call it "ready to bottle" and bottle it?

mine is at 1.019 and steady. At what point did you end up bottling? How did it turn out?

My Caribou Slobber was 1.020 for 8 days. It has now been in the bottles for 5 days with no bombs yet...

1.020 Is to high to bottle. What is the temperature of your wort?

That's not too high to bottle, if the gravity has been stable for at least a few days.

Sometimes extract beers stop at 1.020 and don't go lower. It has to do with the fermentability (or rather, the infermentability) of some extract brands.

It's fine to bottle.

I have had other beers, like a sweet stout, stop at 1.025. That's fine, as long as it's really done.

Im reading on different sites that the final gravity on this white house honey ale is supposed to be 1.016-1.014. mine has been fermenting for two weeks now and is at 1.020 and pretty steady. should I leave it to see if it will drop any or call it "ready to bottle" and bottle it?

Would it hurt to wait one more week to see what develops?

My batch is still fermenting for sure. Gonna continue to wait. Fermented in primary for seven days. Now secondary for 18 days. Ferment temperature is 68 degrees thru the duration of ferm. Still have airlock activity.

Back