FIB War Room

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I don’t know about this Weller VSOD from Rev. It’s very good but hell if I can tell it’s a Weller barrel. Which does make some sense since Weller isn’t exactly about huge flavor.

I’m also not loving this primal coconut. The coconut flavor is basically like coconut flakes. I can almost feel little bits getting stuck in my teeth. I don’t think the flavors came together all that well.

I still need to work through the raspberries with coffee variant. 🤞
The Razzle from LA Guns isn’t a home run for me, either. I find the raspberry flavor to be almost sickly sweet. There’s not enough bitterness from the coffee to balance it out. I also don’t get much barrel flavor - the whole thing is a little thin, overall. Ah well, nevertheless.

Vav we are talking aged stuff here. Do you know how good that must taste?

yeah cuz I crack stuff open every once in a blue moon. But some of that stuff is over the hill. Rare started staling by 2014, I don’t even have any of those left I drank the two I bought myself back in the day.

is...is that really what stuff goes for? i've never dipped into the selling the cellar thing because of my ethics but...like...holy ****

Nah it is way over, except maybe the 2012-2014 regular bottles for around $20.

You can get a bomber of 2012 Coffee direct from Goose for $52 right now, and she is asking $160...

Pretty sure you can't get more than $300, maybe $350 on secondary if you are lucky on that 2010 Rare either.

I can't say I'm a fan of this year's Big Hugs. I'm finding it wildly imbalanced and the coffee flavor is just hammered by endless bitterness. They tried something new this year in making it and... it's just not for me. From Instagram:
Here’s a note from Matt Young: This year, we are utilizing a combination of concentrated liquid coffee brewed by Dark Matter and added to the finished beer just before packaging as well as an infusion of whole bean coffee for added layer of coffee aroma. The combo does a really nice job of filling in the gaps and valleys in the beer, rounding the whole experience out, and doing a bunch of behind the scenes deep flavor work without stealing too much of the spotlight. If you tried this beer before the coffee went in, you would taste an unbalanced, overly shallow and fruity and alcoholic stout. The coffee integrates so well it's hard to fully appreciate how much it transforms the base beer into something that needs to exist.

VIP early access, out - “season pass”, in
From a Revolution newsletter:
The Season Ticket is a one-time purchase that entitles the holder to one four-pack of every single ‘22-’23 Deep Wood Series release (July-January) at $30 off the retail price, plus the choice of a bonus four-pack from select '21-'22 Deep Wood Series releases.

Season Ticket holders will also be able to pick up their beers one day ahead of the public release, and will have first crack at Deep Wood Series event tickets and Deep Wood specialty crowler purchases.

Purchasing a Season Ticket won't prevent you from buying a full allocation of any of the Deep Wood Series beers during their regular releases, and there is no limit to the amount of Season Tickets you can purchase.

Back