FG High - Shall I go for it...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ramsbottom_Brewer

Reaction score
I have brewed a pre-hopped extract stout. OG was 1.040 as per the instructions. Current G is 1.014. Instructions say 1.009 (and states 1 or 2 points either way is fine).

Tomorrow it will have been in the primary for two weeks. I have tried to rouse the yeast cake but it has done nothing. I suspect is has simply finished.

My intention was to leave it in the primary for another week and then bottle it even though it may be 5 points above the instructions.

After doing all the searches I am comfortable with this... I just wanna see if any experienced brewers say... relax and bottle it...

For completion I am brewing this kit.

Thanks... Mark.

I'd let it sit for another week at a higher temperature while rousing the yeast twice daily for the first three days.

I'd say be patient. Give it a full month, rouse it if you really want to. And if it doesn't drop, well, you'll have a sweeter stout. Good luck :mug:

Leave it alone, let it sit, and you will be rewarded for your patience.

Patience really is the golden rule. I left the beast fermenting and 23 days after the wort began it is now at 1.009, just as the instructions said.

Balls to 7 days, three weeks to a month has got to be the key. Just need to bottle it now...

Thanks for the help...

Mark

Latest posts

Back