FFB Veteran League - HBT Challenge!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the_bird said:
No rule. Someone wants to be a 'tard and pick Adam Vinetari in round 2, I ain't stoppin' them. :D
That's funny you said that....in the same league, someone last season drafted David Aikers in round 3.

I still want to add a last place part to the wager so those near the bottom have a reason to fight for their life.

How about last place owes every non-playoff team he/she lost to a beer?

rdwj said:
I still want to add a last place part to the wager so those near the bottom have a reason to fight for their life.

How about last place owes every non-playoff team he/she lost to a beer?

Nahhhh....

If you are worried about a deadbeat team, I don't think we will have that problem this year.

If we do, they definitely aren't invited back next year.

I'm officially getting a wee bit nervous about being a deadbeat on FFB. I've been working way too much to even see what all is going on up here. 12+ hour days 7 days a week :mad:. No end in site until probably the middle of october.

I don't think I'm bowing out but I'm not sure about the live draft. Is it required for live draft or are we having some like me who just can't or are unsure if they can make it and would be auto-drafters. I guess I'm saying is if I can't make the live draft = you are a deadbeat then I think I may have to pull out. I don't want to f it up for the league. Not that I won't manage my team when it's gametime or payup if I lost, I just don't have a clue what the next day will look like lately.

Man this sux - back to work now :(

Getting psyched for the draft. I have 2 drafts before the HBT league so I'll have a fairly decent idea of how things will go. I've got a couple of sleepers that I think will work out this year. :D

Best time of the year.

Crap.

I scrambled around tonight and threw the kids into bed, because I thought we were drafting at 8pm.

I'm a moron.

DesertBrew said:
I don't think I'm bowing out but I'm not sure about the live draft. Is it required for live draft or are we having some like me who just can't or are unsure if they can make it and would be auto-drafters.

Don't worry about it. If you can't make the draft, a team will be auto-drafted for you. You can either use the default player rankings or one of your own.

And by dead-beat, we mean not playing your team right or paying at the end. If you're not super active, it's no big deal.

Just a reminder - FFB DRAFT IS TOMORROW NIGHT - TUESDAY!! Check your local times. There is a counddown on the league board.

I have class until 9:45 but barring any unforeseen changes to what it supposed to be covered, I'll be leaving early to make it for the draft.

rdwj said:
Don't worry about it. If you can't make the draft, a team will be auto-drafted for you. You can either use the default player rankings or one of your own.

And by dead-beat, we mean not playing your team right or paying at the end. If you're not super active, it's no big deal.

No worries, I've now recognized the insignificance of employment and the balance required between work and personal life. My friends FOOTBALL SEASON IS VERY WELL NEAR UPON US! All Hail September!!

(and the party I shall attend this coming Thursday!)

Dude said:
9 1/2 hours to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol - I was going to post the same thing!

I'm pretty excited! I think having Rex Grossman as my #1 pick is really going to pay off! I hope I'm early in rd 1 so he's still available :mug:

rdwj said:

I'm pretty excited! I think having Rex Grossman as my #1 pick is really going to pay off! I hope I'm early in rd 1 so he's still available :mug:

We can hold you to that pick you know.

rdwj said:

I hope I pick before you then...he's tops on my board too. :ban:

:fro: :fro:

I've got Michael Vick at the top of my board. Just a feeling he's gonna be running like someone set the dogs on him this year.:D

Grr, I ****ed up. I'm lame. Passed out in the kiddie's room after putting her to bed; it's been a long couple of days. Trying to get into the draft now, looks like I can't connect anyway (I swear I tested it a few days ago). Bah, I would have done sh*tloads worse, I'm sure, drafting myself.

Did anyone else get an email saying the draft didn't work and it's been rescheduled for tonight at 6:30? What's up with that?

Our rosters are all empty and there's no players.

Yooper Chick said:
Did anyone else get an email saying the draft didn't work and it's been rescheduled for tonight at 6:30? What's up with that?

Our rosters are all empty and there's no players.

You're kidding, right?

I would not dare kid about this!

Hello Yooperchick:
Unfortunately, due to server problems, your draft was not able to be run as scheduled.

Since we know how important participating in a live draft can be, and how many users can only do that on a specific day at a specific time, we felt it important to try and accommodate those preferences. So, rather than having your league Autopicked, we left it undrafted and set up a new live draft for Sep 5 18:30.

If you are in a Public League and can not participate at this new time, you can simply remove yourself from the league and join a new one that is holding its draft at a more convenient time.

If you are in an Custom League, your League Commissioner can change the draft time via the Commissioner Tools accessible from your League Overview page.

We have fixed the issues that caused the problems and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused you.

Thanks and good luck in the upcoming season.

--Fantasy Football Commissioner
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I look, NO ONE has a team.

Damn it - that TOTALLY sucks. I can't draft tonight, I've got a class. Does anyone have a record of the draft? I can set everyone's team, but I need to do it today.

I don't have a record and can't remember all of my players. (I was a bit, um, bleary at the end). I remember the "good" ones, though (and who I DIDN"T get)! I have to run off to work now (be home at 2:15) so if you need help, let me know. I'll be home all afternoon.

You know, I went to go look at my team this morning, and it was saying that the draft was still going on. The only way I could see the players that it looked like I had picked was to filter - somewhere else on the system - for the players on my team. I remember there were only five - Joseph Addai, Maurice Jones-Drew, Antonio Gates, TO (dammit), and Randy Moss (dammit).

I tried to get in last night after I woke up, the draft must have still been going, but I couldn't connect. I know I had tested the system, the draft board came up, it just wasn't loading the data.

So what, am I going to get a mulligan here?

I've got to get to work- rdwj, I don't even know if Dude, Desert, Todd, etc, know about this. Can you PM them and see if they can give you some advice? We were all there last night except for Boston and Bird and if they knew about this, I'm sure they'd be in here.

One more thought- could you change the draft for say, Saturday night, and then we'd have time to get together and pick a different date/time, so there is no rush? Bernie mentioned that he had to work at 4:00 Am today, so he'll be gone all day for sure and wouldn't know about this either.

Whatever you guys decide is cool with me.... although if there's a complete re-draft, that means different drafting orders, doesn't it? Who got the first pick last night? They must have drafted LT or I'm gonna beat the crap out of them.

Boston went first, and his autopick was LT. I was second, Desert was third, I think and Cheese was next. Your team sucked bad, btw. Boston's was pretty good.

Was it those five guys? I like Addai and I like Jones-Drew, and Gates is one of the best TEs out there. I really don't like those wideouts.

And getting friggin' LT; that'll make ANY team look pretty damn good.

ok, here is what I did. I set a new draft date for the same time next week because there is no way everyone is going to get this figured out by 6:30 today. I think it's only fair to give people the teams they drafted last night if at all possible and if anyone has a complete draft record, I will spend the time entering everyone's team. If worst comes to worst, I'd manually enter the draft order, we lose a week of scoring and redraft.

Sorry about this guys, can't think of anything else to do. I'll be back later to check up on everything.

the_bird said:
Will it let you do that? I thought all drafts had to be completed before the start of the season...

Yes, it will. I've already done it

Personally, I'd really hate to lose a week of the season, but I'm backing away from this since I've already f*cked up (and since it sounds like I have the most to gain from a re-draft).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back