'Fess up! Who is guilty of staring at the damned airlock??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

SCARYLARRY

Reaction score
Yep Guilty as charged!! My women hates it when I go babe you have to come smell this. She thinks I'm a freaking idiot.

wigstr

Reaction score
Sometimes I stare at the airlock, to see if I can see the first bubble... SWMBO thinks I am weird.

Doog_Si_Reeb

Beer is Good. And stuff!
Reaction score
Guilty... I recently got one of the dry-lock valves for my Better Bottle and I get bummed because I can't see bubbling... but I can hear it clicking.

Ceedubya

Reaction score
There's a cure for that, you know? Sniff the airlock on a batch of EdWort's Apfelwein 3-4 days into fermentation.

HOOOO WEEEE you ain't kidding! I just walked past my fermenters, and of course had to give a courtesy sniff. Took a deep breath of the stout (that is still blowing off)..... YUUMMMMMMMM :mug:

Then looking at all of those bubbles running through the airlock on the Apfelwein from Saturdays brew I just had to take a try..... :p

I'm not sure if its the bubbles themselves or something they pick up running through the vodka in the airlock but dang, that stuff is potent.

burger_76

Reaction score
Guilty as well. Don't even talk to the SWMBO when I get home from work. Straight to the basement to check on my brew. Stare at the bubbles and sniff the airlock

McKBrew

Reaction score
Not as much anymore. Usually once it's in primary I just ignore it for a couple weeks. If I stopped and stared, I'd probably be hypnotized and never leave.

Ceedubya

Reaction score
I got my wife to sniff em tonight :ban:

first I told her to sniff the stout, she took a wiff and says "it smells like beer" (with kind of a "duh" feeling in her voice). So, then I tell her to take a big wiff of the next one, which happens to be an Apfelwein. She takes a snoot full and about turned green :D "That smells like a rank fart!" she says!

winzerz

Reaction score
well I dont go for staring at the airlock

but I do the Vulcan Mindmeld almost every night

as I have 2 batches bubbling I get a twofer

:mug: