FermWrap on Fermenter with Ridges

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WiscBrewer

Reaction score
I'm using a FermWrap and temp controller for the first time. It's working great on my glass fermenter with smooth sides. Will it work on a glass fermenter with ridges on the side? How about on a plastic fermenter with ridges, like a big mouth bubbler? Thanks.

I'm using a FermWrap and temp controller for the first time. It's working great on my glass fermenter with smooth sides. Will it work on a glass fermenter with ridges on the side? How about on a plastic fermenter with ridges, like a big mouth bubbler? Thanks.

I recently bought one and am at the end of my first brew fermentation using a 6 gallon PET carboy with ridges. It works really well in my ferm chamber using stc1000. Haven't tested upper limits yet. Have had it raise temp from 65-75 ramped over 1 day. It warms entire chamber. I may attach to wall in the future if I have more than 5 gallons going at once in two carboys.

Had a small lasko space heater previously that worked too well- often overshot temperature by several degrees. Fermwrap eases temp gently with out over shooting by more than 0.1 degrees. My ferm chamber is indoors though... Space heater may be better in a garage or shed.

Latest posts

Back