fermentors?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bball1377

Reaction score
i was wondering if the 5 gallon water jugs would work for a secondary fermentor to help save a little money? has any one tried to use them with any success or is there a reason that i havent heard about anyone using them yet?

There's a hundred discussions on this topic on here...

Just search for "water bottles" or even different water bottle names like culligan...and you will see that it;s been done to death...you will find plenty of information to help you make your own mind up.

Because ultimately you will have to decide for yourself...there are just as many folks who do it (even as a primary) as argue against doing it...so it will be your choice in the end.

But they are right about the recycle codes, btw.....

[Isome plastics are safe to use , others are not.][/I]

It's about being food grade and all that entails, be it food safe dyes, plastic stability at various temperatures, etc. this is another subject that has been beaten to death. You can do a search function on it also. Luck - Dwain

Back