Fermenting Blonde ale at 59F with Safale us-05

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TropiBrew

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have a blond ale in a carboy fermenting with US-05. Set in freezer 1 day and a half ago at 59F, just raised the temp up one more degree to 60F as it wasn't bubbling much and there where just a few hints of krausen. Plan was to ferment low first week then blow it up to 68F on Sunday for its second week.

Experiences, advises?

Newbie Homebrewer

Thanks in advance

Capture 2021-01-31 01_19_09.png

Experiences, advises?
Welcome to Homebrew Talk!

My experiences with US-05 in the 57-60F range is that it is a slow starter. I don't expect to see activity for 36 to 48 hours after I pitch the yeast. I currently have a couple of one gal "hop sampler" batches that I'm fermenting w/o temperature control and room temperature is 57-58F.

Welcome to Homebrew Talk!

My experiences with US-05 in the 57-60F range is that it is a slow starter. I don't expect to see activity for 36 to 48 hours after I pitch the yeast. I currently have a couple of one gal "hop sampler" batches that I'm fermenting w/o temperature control and room temperature is 57-58F.

Thank you so much,

Interesting! Are you keeping that temp range along the whole fermentation or doing some changes, secondary fermentention 🤷‍♂️? Whats your fermentation plan?

Are you keeping that temp range along the whole fermentation or doing some changes, secondary fermentention 🤷‍♂️? Whats your fermentation plan?

For these two batches, they will sit at room temperature (57-58F) for three weeks. At that point, I'll take a FG measurement, sample, and bottle. (Normally, with my small batches, I'll target 65-ish for a fermentation range).

Latest posts

Back