Fermentation/lager chamber all in one?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jklett

Reaction score
I just scored a free side by side fridge/freezer and was thinking that if I could get the freezer to go up to 35 or so and the fridge to 50 I could ferment in one side and lager in the other since my fermenters fit in the one side and corny kegs fit in the other. Any ideas as to how to go about it? I do have an inkbird 308, maybe I could use that for the freezer temp?

I don't think that you can control the both sides separately. Keeping the freezer at 35 means you would have to turn off the whole fridge, hence losing control on the refrigerator side.

There's probably a control wheel for the freezer, you could let the Inkbird control the whole thing, setting it for 50*, then turn the wheel down to where it stays at lagering temp in the other side. I do this with my kegerator. I have the wheel turned down all the way and it stays above freezing (I've never measured the temp)

Latest posts

Back