FERMENTATION HEATER ON MY BREW BUCKET

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cato1507

Reaction score
My mini fridge is in my garage and has worked great since I got it in the spring along with my inkbird.

However, I didn't know how well it would work in fall and winter temps, and as it started getting colder the temps in my fermenter were dipping too low for ales, and I was getting concerned that it could for lagers as well.

I looked on Amazon and got this 35w 10in x 25in fermentation heater and I couldnt be more pleased. It's like a very thin sheet of mylar with heating strips sandwiched in it. Temps have gotten as low as 30F a couple nights and it's kept my Altbier with Wyeast 1007 at a steady 62 without having to wrap a beach towel around my Brewtech fermenter.

I rarely have even seen the heater come on, so I'm feeling pretty confident that even as we get further into winter I'll be able to brew ales and ferment at 64F easily by just adding a beach towel around the fermenter for extra insulation.

Attachments

• 20181125_082950.jpg
    20181125_082950.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 89
Last edited:
My mini fridge is in my garage and has worked great since I got it in the spring along with my inkbird.

However, I didn't know how well it would work in fall and winter temps, and as it started getting colder the temps in my fermenter were dipping too low for ales, and I was getting concerned that it could for lagers as well.

I looked on Amazon and got this 35w 11in x 22in fermentation heater and I couldnt be more pleased. It's like a very thin sheet of mylar with heating strips sandwiched in it. Temps have gotten as low as 30F a couple nights and it's kept my Altbier with Wyeast 1007 at a steady 62 without having to wrap a beach towel around my Brewtech fermenter.

I rarely have even seen the heater come on, so I'm feeling pretty confident that even as we get further into winter I'll be able to brew ales and ferment at 64F easily by just adding a beach towel around the fermenter for extra insulation.

Do you have a link for this?

thanks

Back