Fermentation fridge advice needed.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwsenoj

Reaction score
Been brewing with a buddy lately and splitting the costs on equipment. His girlfriend just contacted me and wanted to spend about $200 on a brewing gift for his bday in a couple months. I suggested we partner together and get the SS 14gal conical together. She was all about it.

So, here's where I need the advice. I found a True GDM-23 for $235 on Craig's list. The thing is practically purpose built for a Ferm chamber and it is cool that the front is clear so I can see airlock activity without opening it up. It is also very flat on the bottom which would be nice for a base for the fermenter. It is a bit early to pick this up and I'm not sure it is really worth the price. The unit looked to be in good shape and was good n cold when I checked it out. Does anyone have any experience with a unit like this or any info I should consider?

Back