Fermentation done?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewByBerg

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've brewed an IPA using San Diego super yeast which I've used a bunch of times, and I let it go for 2 weeks then I add the dry hop. I took a reading after a week and the FG was down from 1.060 to 1.007. So it's safe to say it's done. If I take a flashlight to the fermentor I can see little bubbles inside floating from the yeast cake, is it safe to just throw in the hops like usual or is this thing still dropping gravity?

The bubbles are no problem I would say from your gravity reading it is probably OK. That said check your gravity again tomorrow. if it is the same do your dry hop.

hell, do your dry hop now, test your gravity at the end of it (5 days or so?). if it's still 1.007 then you know it's safe to bottle/keg. i heard a podcast from mitch steele once saying that he does his dry hop when fermentation is 90% complete, so i'm sure you're absolutely fine to do it now.

Back