Fermentation controller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakwi

Reaction score
So I have been brewing for a while, but I finally got a fridge controller so that I wouldn't have to control fermentation temps with wet towels.

Seems like it's working ok, I brewed an amber ale, fermentation has been regular, not slow or fast, but I'm going on three weeks and it's still bubbling away. I usually wait until the bubbling stops to take a reading, but I was just wondering if this seems normal? I've never had a batch bubble for more than two weeks. 1032 yeast, temp at 66f

I agree, take a gravity reading, if its almost done, you can ramp up the temp to 68 and let it finish.

Sounds like a good plan, I'll take a reading this weekend. Thanks guys

I think I'll ramp it up to 68 as suggested and check it again in a couple of days

You know when I tasted the sample it had sort of an acidic flavor, at first I thought cidery or maybe citrus but the more I read about it I think it might be acetaldehyde. Do you think this could be the result of fermenting at a low temp? My hops are northern brewer, Willamette, and halertau.

Ive never had that problem but some reading has told me to pass on to leave it for another week or so

Latest posts

Back