Fermentasaurus floating dip-tube issue

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mklatsky

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I switched out my Better Bottles for a couple of Fermentasaurus snub nose fermenters. My first batch of beer fermented in the snub nose is ready to test (FG test) and then to keg. It is currently under 10 lbs of pressure.

However, when I attached my faucet to the beer out side- only gas came out. It seems that the little 2" tube attached to the float is above the liquid. Other than opening the top and pushing it down manually and siphoning off the beer (since I won't be able to use the pressure to push the beer), is there something else I can do? And what can I do to avoid this problem in the future? Would a small weight of some sort attached to the ring which attaches the tube to the float be a reasonable solution?

Thanks for any advice!

Well- to answer my own question- looks like adding a weight in the form of a washer or nut would be the answer. My forums search didn't turn up what I wanted, but after I posted this question, I saw a list of "Similar threads" which provided several answers. Thanks!

Back