Fermemting times

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazychris66

Reaction score
Hey there guys.
Just a quick question. I'm brewing ginger beer alcoholic style too. It's been brewing at 24degC for 7 days. Is there a max time you can let it brew for. Like I did a reading this morning and it's finished brewing but I'm going away for another week and don't want to let it go bad coz I felt it fermenting to long
When I get back it would of been fermenting for about 18-20 days. Is that ok? I still want to bottle it and carb it to

Cheers for all help to

It's fine to leave it for 3 weeks. Many let it ferment that long as a routine.
It will be even better!!!:)

I haven't done a ginger beer, so this could be completely off base, but that seems a little warm. Closer to 20C is usually better, but if the style can handle that, I guess it's a mute point. As jethro said though, you are actually doing the beer a favor by letting it go longer.

It's a can made beer from my local brew shop. Thought I'd try it then tweek it if I want a stronger taste. But there no prob for leaving to ferment for like 3 -4 weeks even tho it's reached FG?

crazychris66 said:
It's a can made beer from my local brew shop. Thought I'd try it then tweek it if I want a stronger taste. But there no prob for leaving to ferment for like 3 -4 weeks even tho it's reached FG?

No problem.

Yeah, it's fine. While the yeast are eating away the sugars to get to the FG, they offput a lot of other chemicals. After all of the sugar is gone, i.e at FG, the yeast will go back and cleanup the byproducts they created making the beer clearer and cleaner tasting.

Back