Ferm Wrap on Anvil Brewbucket

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chewse

Reaction score
Just purchased a Ferm Wrap for my Anvil Brewbucket. The fit isn't exact on the brewbucket. If I cut sections of the Ferm Wrap in order to fit the brewbucket (i.e., cuts around the handles, lid snaps and drain) will the Ferm Wrap still work? Are there certain ways in which to cut the Ferm Wrap without effecting the heating component/performance?

Did you actually cut either/both of the long strips that run along the long edges of the wrap? Those are the strips that carry current to all the resistive heating elements that are perpendicular to them. You don't want to cut those long strips.

Don't cut the ferm wrap!!!! What size brew bucket do you have? My ferm wrap fits it just fine when I slide it under the lid clamp handles.

The brewbucket is 7.5 gallons. When I place the fermwrap under the buckle straps and the handles, about an inch of the fermwrap lays on the base of the brewbucket. If the fermwrap can not be cut, then could it be "folded" at the bottom so that it does not lay on the base of the brewbucket? I have a insulated fermenter jacket for the brewbucket and would like to fit the fermwrap under the jacket.

Attachments

• IMG_2798.JPG
    IMG_2798.JPG
    103.5 KB · Views: 33
When I place the fermwrap under the buckle straps and the handles, about an inch of the fermwrap lays on the base of the brewbucket.

Why is that a problem?

I guess the problem is more of aesthetics issue rather than a functional one. I can live with it not fitting perfectly.

I guess the problem is more of aesthetics issue rather than a functional one. I can live with it not fitting perfectly.

If it really bothers you, there are narrower wrap type tapes heat tapes available.

Back