Fellowship of the Homebrew IX: Better Bring Beer Because Birthday Boys' Bellies Be Bone-dry

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's gotta be unanimous for Tuesday otherwise the original day sticks...but someone may have to be the boss for that day if so.

PS: the sour
00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190828175500458_COVER.jpg

That works for me. We're supposed to get a hurricane here in Orlando on tuesday night or Wednesday morning

But seriously..you and your family need to find another home. We got extra beds in Austin if you need one. Comes with a keggorator. I'm serious. These frakking hurricanes are the real **** PM me if you need a free beer palace to hang...or anyone else for that matter.

Right on ! Thanks man. It's really slow moving right now which isn't good, but it should lose power once it gets to central Florida. We are an hour from Tampa.
But seriously..you and your family need to find another home. We got extra beds in Austin if you need one. Comes with a keggorator. I'm serious. These frakking hurricanes are the real **** PM me if you need a free beer palace to hang...or anyone else for that matter.

If @ehk089 replies with the okay, we will run it today at 6pm EST; however, if he doesn't check in today we will put it off until Thursday. If that happens, we need a volunteer to run it as I'll be away.

Note: I am almost inclined to run it today regardless considering that EHK has the last pick, but I posted otherwise, so we'll have to stick with that.

Updated offers after removing Pianoman (ignore his pick spot in the attached).

@camonick offer

NOTE: Includes 2 12oz bottles of each

• Hell's Bells Munich Helles (Biermuncher's recipe)
Pilsner, Vienna, & Munich Malt
Tettnang hops
19.4 IBUs 4.0 SRM 5.0% ABV

• 100 Shilling (My version of Odell 90 Shilling)
2 row, Crystal 45, Munich, Carapils, Red Wheat malt & Chocolate Malt
Nugget & Perle hops
32.1 IBUs 14.7 SRM 5.4% ABV
Very close clone that is just a touch darker than the original. I served this keg at my brother's wedding reception and had very positive feedback.

The following are kegged and carbonating: (I will bottle when I'm satisfied with carbonation and clarity)

• Putt-Putt Pilsner
Pilsner, Crystal 10 & carapils
Saaz hops
21.9 IBUs 3.7 SRM 5.5% ABV
A favorite beer of mine that goes down too easy on a hot day

• Lacey's Red Irish Red Ale (2nd version)
2 row, Crystal 120, Caramunich I, Aromatic malt, Special B & black barley
Northern Brewer & Willamette hops
28 IBUs 19.6 SRM 5.1% ABV

• DUNK!!! Munich Dunkel (internet recipes researched and modified by me)
Munich malt, Pilsner malt, melanoiden, Carafa I
Tettnang hops
25.4 IBUs 15.5 SRM 5.2% ABV

@aharri1 offer

• Czechoslovakian Black Pilsner abv 7%.
Recipe from E'Fleku brewery

• Halo Halo Milkshake IPA 8%
Filipino style dessert with jackfruit, mango, coconut, and sweet red beans

• Belgian Dubbel 8.5%

@ehk089 offer

• german Pilsner- 100% pils malt hopped w a mix of tettnag and sazz

• west coast grapefruit ipa...hopped primarily with chinook and cascade, pale malt with a dash of crystal, San Diego super yeast. Dry hopped with cascade and conditioned on ~1 lb per 5 gal of fresh ruby red grapefruit for a week.

• neipa - primarily Madrid otter grist, imperial yeast kveiking fermented at 90 for 3 days...15 min ctz charge, whirlpool citra, African queen and southern passion, dry hopped in keg southern passion and African queen

• Vienna lager- 100% Vienna grist, tettnang hops, imperial harvest

@fourfarthing offer

• Sophie Pale Ale

• Arthur Witte

• Stray Paddington Brett IPA

New!!!
• Paddington Brett Saison - Saison brewed with European hops and conditioned on Brett. Lightly dryhopped.

• Golden Perch Bier de Miel - Honey saison. Based on last years version, I would highly suggest cellaring for at least six months to find the ideal flavor. Will send 2. One for fresh one for aging.

• Ivy Bush Bitter - ESB. Brewing this weekend but last years was finally where I wanted it. Mainly EKG with some Fuggles.

• HB Hoppy Wheat (Citra, Mosaic blah blah)

@TBC offer

• Sangria Blush Wine-WineExpert Kit

• Lemon Skeeter Pee-recipe at skeeterpee.com

• Lime Skeeter Pee-same as above but substituted lime juice for lemon

• Belgian White Ale
5lbs Pilsner
2.5 flaked wheat
2.5 torrified wheat
2oz Celeia 60min
1oz coriander primary
1oz sweet orange peel primary
Danstar Munich Ale yeast

• Lemondrop Wheat-5.5%
5lb 6-row
6lb white wheat
1lb flaked wheat
1lb torrified wheat
14oz corn sugar to boost ABV
1oz Lemon drop 60min
1oz Lemon drop 30min
1oz Lemon drop 5min
WLP 320

• Lemondrop Wheat IPA
Same as above except I dry hopped with an additional 3oz lemon drop. Probably should have used 6oz.

• Blueberry Melomel-semidry. If you're a sweet tooth just added a teaspoon of sugar/Splenda to a glass.

@Dgallo offer

• NEIPA with Azacca & Mosaic

• Milkshake style sour with passion fruit and vanilla dryhopped with Galaxy

• possibly a hoppy red. That’s tentative thoughNEIPA with Azacca & Mosaic

@JCasey1992 offer

• Top Of The Order Porter W/ Hazelnut, Chocolate, and Vanilla [American Porter]
American Porter with chocolate flavoring, hazelnut flavoring, and pure vanilla extract added at packaging. This recipe was the first dark beer I’ve made that I actually enjoyed. I not only liked it though. I loved it! It was so good that when we lost the first one to the bottom of the keezer due to a leak, I had to brew it again. Since then, I try to keep it on tap at all times and it always goes fast!
ABV - 6.4%
IBU - 42
SRM - 28.5

• 5280 Stout W/ Coconut, Almond, and Chocolate [Milk Stout]
A solid milk stout. I added almond flavoring, chocolate flavoring, and a coconut/rum tincture at packaging. The coconut doesn’t show through like I’d like it but it’s still pretty tasty.
ABV - 5%
IBU - 36
SRM - 40

• Hopping Mad Pale Ale [American Pale Ale]
A hoppy Pale Ale with Cascade, Mosaic, and Citra hops. Nothing fancy here but still a great beer for a hot summer day.
ABV - 5.6%
IBU - 36
SRM - 6.1

• Peach Hat Trick Hefeweizen [German Weisbier]
My basic German hefeweizen recipe with peach flavor added. While I don’t know if it’s necessary, I performed an extensive step mash on this one with rests at 109, 122, 144, 153, and 168. The final product is an easy drinking weisbier with a nice refreshing peach flavor that isn’t overbearing. I intentionally underpitched the yeast to get the ester profile I wanted and this time I think I finally nailed it!
ABV - 5.1%
IBU - 11
SRM - 3

@jaymosbeershack offer

• Blackberry sour: 6.5%
My first sour. Wheat and 2row. Mixed fermentation with 001 and lactobacillus plantarum. Local blackberries.

• Infatuated Rye Pale: 5.2%
Pale ale, Munich, rye malt, flaked rye. All Cascade.

• Shack Amber: 5.4%
2 row, Munich, C20, C40, C60, C80. Magnum &Hallertau

• Breakfast stout: 9.2% brewed Nov 2018
2row, flaked oats, chocolate malt, C80, patent, victory, molasses, lactose, coffee. Magnum

@TwistedGray offer

A six pack of of hard ciders (all hovering around the 5-6% ABV range
• Rooibos tea (pour through small cocktail strainer and/or BIAB if you have one)
• Plantain tea (same as above - note: this is not the fruit but the plant)
• Spiced (cinnamon, cloves, ...)
• Lacto x2 (lactob. and lactose - low doses on both)
• Pomegranate
• Black Cherry

Non-ciders
• Pluot sour (This was made using the co-pitch method, lightly soured - very approachable. It will be bottled next week after being on the pluots for a month. It had an extremely low ABV, as in 1% or less. You wouldn't know it was "non-alcoholic" unless I told you though...mouthfeel is good as is the sour level for being that low ABV.)

• 1776 Ale (This pale ale was brewed on July 4th, and is only 3% ABV - very quenchable. All amarillo hops plus about 1.5lbs of frozen, picked-by-me apricots for about three weeks. May or may not include - some are a bit over carbonated due to fruit getting into the bottle. I'll see what I have...)

View attachment 642122 <----click this for pick order

Last edited:
Note: We mayyyyyyyyyyyy have a very last minute addition. This individual, if they post the other offer, we'll get the last pick. It is completely dependent on if they can get their offer posted prior to pick time

Also, no word from EHK yet.

My Irish stout kveik might be ready too! 1.010 after 2 days! Probably be done tomorrow.
20190903_133502.jpeg

I apologize for all of the back and forth but we'll push this to the original pick day, Thursday!

First volunteer wins the privilege to run it...unfortunately tutu birthday plans I won't be able to

Okay gentlemen the FOTHB draft will start on Thursday 9/5/19 at 9pm EST (6pm PST) according to the rules in the first post. If you’d like you can send me a pick list and I’ll give you a couple minutes to show before I announce your choice.

If you have any questions let me know.

Okay gentlemen the FOTHB draft will start on Thursday 9/5/19 at 9pm EST (6pm PST) according to the rules in the first post. If you’d like you can send me a pick list and I’ll give you a couple minutes to show before I announce your choice.

If you have any questions let me know.
I plan to send you an updated list of more HB items to your inbox shortly. Had some beers get done that I didn't think would be ready yet!

I'm interested. Been brewing since 2015, aharri1 can vouch for me. I'm currently in Clermont, Florida.

It's likely too late for this one considering it is running in a few hours from now. I don't think it would provide the participants enough time to review your offer and the others; however, follow this thread. @TBC will post up at some point the link to the next homebrew trade...usually a few weeks after this one is done and people have shipped out their beers.

So sorry everyone. Had an emergency visit to the hospital. Grandson is back home now recovering. So, to make amines I'm going to do a random pick later in the evening with all participants. Winner gets my package. Haven't gone through the thread yet but hope all had a great time!

Never mind....looks like I can join back in!! Woot Woot! Just put me in last. @TBC

Last edited:
Back