Fellowship of the Home Brew XIII: Never Give up, Never Surrender!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yessir. Terrible pain running from my butt/hip down my left leg into my heel for about 10 months. Couldn't stand for long or sleep. Had a steroid injection without relief in Oct 2020, then chiropractic work with no relief. Got second opinion and was referred to a great doctor who was 99% confident he could relieve the pain with surgery. Had the surgery on Wednesday, so I'm hoping for relief soon. Been a long road so far...

Let me know how that works out. Mine is much more mild, but still a problem.

Trying a delicious rasberry hard lemonade! Thanks @PianoMan

20210522_212924.jpg
!

Last edited:
Awesome delivery by @Atlantatopher! Can’t wait to dig into these.

Awesome labels too! Mind sharing what paper you used? Inkjet or Toner? When I opened the firstcan I thought you had sent me some commercial beer too! Haha

View attachment 730172

Wife does the designs and we print them with grogtag. Glad that they got there in 1 piece. I think I added an extra English bitter but it may not be labeled. Oops

I'm tracking that everyone has shipped except for @yoop89 and @wepeeler. Is that correct? I'm just looking at timing for the next round. I want to give everyone a couple of weeks to enjoy their new goodies before kicking off FotHB XIV.

I’ve shipped and it has been received. Thought he posted that here but I guess not.

I'm tracking that everyone has shipped except for @yoop89 and @wepeeler. Is that correct? I'm just looking at timing for the next round. I want to give everyone a couple of weeks to enjoy their new goodies before kicking off FotHB XIV.

@yoop89 my apologies.
I had a post but it didn’t go through!

It has been received. Your butterscotch cream ale is a thing of beauty man.

still have a bunch to consume but had to go on a business trip for a month so it’ll have to wait

Yessir. I've been in contact with @RCope and should be shipping his beer shortly. Had back surgery last Wednesday, so still on the mend. Everything should be ready to go in about a week or so.

Ignore the dirty glass, just look at this fantastic IPA! Perfectly balanced in my opinion and drinks like a single. Can barely tell it’s at 9%! Loving the label too, can’t wait to dig into the rest of these 😁
A8315521-1D55-4211-BC0D-DB0125977722.jpeg

Last edited:
This beer is extremely surprising. Smells like any normal Berliner Weisse would, the flavor is absolutely delicious. The combo of beer and hot sauce just sounds weird to me but it works very well! Great flavor and the heat at the end is subtle but definitely there. Gotta wait a minute between drinks to let the heat dissipate 😁
19A413B1-7100-47E1-BBD3-7ACC86A35E98.jpeg

Got this awesome porch bomb from @wepeeler ! Even after back surgery he delivers! Nice selection, can't wait to chill them down and have a few. Cheers!
View attachment 733663
@wepeeler

Ya cousannn, Fraaaaaam Baaaasttttan!
Haha. Let's just say, none of those beers are Sam Adams! Drink the neipa first. Probably won't hang too long in the bottle. The one labeled S2020 is my Imperial Stout that I brewed last July. It's a treat. Cheers!!

A couple of years ago, I started a Christmas Eve tradition of having a barleywine in front of the Christmas tree after the kids are in bed and all the toys are assembled. When I received my FotHB XIII shipment from @DrGMG back in April, included was a bottle of his Bob Barley:

English Barleywine. 10-12% Made with pecans and walnuts in the mash. This one has made it to the NHC finals a while back.
Graco's Bob Barley - Graco's Brewery - Untappd

I stashed it away in my beer fridge, and I finally cracked it open tonight. Oh, my. Big, malty, and warming, but so, so smooth. It's the perfect beer for a cold winter night!

PXL_20211225_031422478.jpg

Back