Fellowship of the Home Brew XIII: Never Give up, Never Surrender!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel your pain brother. 90 miles northeast of you and it’s no better. I brew outside in my shop and will have to wait at least a week for better conditions. Tomorrow is supposed to be worse.
DCF3D448-256C-428A-97A5-ED04A8D089D8.png

In for now. I ferment outside in my uninsulated carport and the weather is currently less than desirable. I'm hoping it warms up soon so I can catch up.View attachment 718514
I did just keg/ bottle an Irish Stout that I think might finally be worthy of sharing so I have my fingers crossed I at least have a start.

I did just keg/ bottle an Irish Stout that I think might finally be worthy of sharing so I have my fingers crossed I at least have a start.
Good to hear! I know you were having trouble figuring that one out. We are planning converting the carport to a garage and getting it insulated. In the meantime though, my brewing is very seasonal. Soon hopefully. It has been way too long.

That arctic blast is bringing the lowest temperatures to Austin also. Wind chill to -8 by tomorrow. Problem with Austin is its Ice not snow that accumulates. Slipped on my rear last night then about did it again testing the ground before trying to leave for work, which hasn't cancelled...😠

Told them I try again Tuesday morning but area doesn't show above freezing until Wednesday afternoon. We use this new Kronos system for timesheets now. Once one accumulates 5pts your automatically fired. I had 100% attendance in 2020 and always a top rated employee. After this week, I'll be .75pts away from getting auto-fired..ha!

Bottling day!!

El Jefe Forager's Series coming your way soon.

Yes, it might be as disgusting as it sounds...no, I don't care. Lol, I do have a few samplers to try before pawning these off on you suckers.

Should make for an interesting trade...

Attachments

• PXL_20210306_181414669.jpg
    PXL_20210306_181414669.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 14
Bottling day!!

El Jefe Forager's Series coming your way soon.

Yes, it might be as disgusting as it sounds...no, I don't care. Lol, I do have a few samplers to try before pawning these off on you suckers.

Should make for an interesting trade...

So like wild mushrooms, tree roots, and ferns??

Might ping @SailorJerry and @brandtrepair if you haven't already; although, I suppose they're technically commercial now.
Sure would be fun to hand out some more beers! Too bad we can't keep up with local demand the way that it is, makes it hard to pull some production to ship out. Hopefully when our expansion gets done (needs to get started first), we might be able to share a bit more!

Sweet! I Already have two done and ready. I'm brewing an experimental hazy this weekend.

Sure would be fun to hand out some more beers! Too bad we can't keep up with local demand the way that it is, makes it hard to pull some production to ship out. Hopefully when our expansion gets done (needs to get started first), we might be able to share a bit more!
Please explain... did you guys go pro on me and not tell me! I’ll make a guest appearance anytime boys!!

2 weeks until pick day!!!!! Who's ready? I've got one more brew to hit this weekend hopefully and Ill have my offer set! :ban:
I'm brewing next weekend, and then again a couple of weeks later, as soon as my fermenter is free! The IPA in my offering is getting a little long in the tooth, so I'm going to brew a fresh batch. Whoever picks my offer will have to wait until mid-May for shipment, but hopefully it will be worth it!

I'm just happy my bottled beers a couple months back are still viable! Hoping for at least 2 more offers. Stress of HB trading....😟

I'm just happy my bottled beers a couple months back are still viable! Hoping for at least 2 more offers. Stress of HB trading....

I feel ya, we get raw milk from a local farm and she found out that I brew so we have been trading beer for milk for the last three months. Keeps me on schedule for brews though! :)

Back