Fellowship of the Home Brew XIII: Never Give up, Never Surrender!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GnenieGone

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hello fellow homebrewers,

We have some unprecedented things going on in these times but if there is one thing I know to be true about this community it's that your resiliency is amazing! Most of you probably have ingredients on hand but if not should still be able to have them delivered to you. Enjoy some time being home with the family and learn more about this great craft. So get out there, fill up the pipeline for this trade and remember, "Never Give up, Never Surrender...full speed ahead!"

Welcome to the FotHB Society...membership dues are payable to @PianoMan and @TwistedGray!

How to become a member of our super secret, public, everyone is invited (well...kinda) society of FotHB traders
1. Review the previous FotHB threads - linked at the bottom.
2. Express your interested by letting us know in this thread.
3. Have four beer styles in bottles, fermenters, or otherwise in the immediate works. If you have only a single style of beer in your inventory, you have some catching up to do.
4. Send a private message to me including descriptions of your homebrew offerings (see previous FotHB rounds).
5. If you are not going to be around for the pick date/time send me a pick list order so that I can put your pick in for you.
6. On pick day, show up at your time slot to submit your pick. If you sent me a pick list I'll cover you.
7. If you show up on draft day late and your position has been passed over you will be the next in line after whoever the current picker is. (example: You were pick #2 but you show up during #6's pick...you will get to pick after #7 then it resumes the picking order)
8. If you completely forget and do not show up on draft day, it will become a first come first serve free for all.

Rules, there must be rules
- Continental US residents only
- Must be of legal drinking age
- Participants must have at least 1 iTrader rating, of course 100% positive; otherwise, just PM me your mail trading experience. Newbies are welcomed but vetted by their peers.
- All participants are expected to leave feedback on itrader once their package is received

Note: If you have not shipped beer before and have no one vetting you, check the LOT thread (<--link) out and get involved there first. You can get trader feedback in time to get involved in this trade...just be snappy about it. OR post in this thread; most of us are interested in small trades to help HBT members get involved.

Offer guidelines
- Minimum offerings are 4-12oz bottles of your favorite Home brew; ANY beer style along with ciders, meads, hard lemonades, sours, etc.
- If possible, 4 different styles are preferred, but we understand how difficult that can be so no flogging if it's not possible. (One style is not enough, but 2-3 might be allowed...group consensus)
- Be willing to share recipe and explain your brewing techniques to those who request
- Be willing to give constructive and useful feedback on the homebrew you received to aid our fellow brewers if requested
- Guidelines are just that, guidelines. Final shipments may, and many times do, exceed the offering posted. Extras are not required and should not be expected. You should be okay with receiving the offer as-is.

Current timelines / Important dates and times
2/6/2021 - Start thread
4/4/2021 - Offers due in by midnight. [Sunday]
4/6/2021 - List of offers, pick order, and pick times posted once all orders are in (will post as soon as all offers are in) [Tuesday Evening]
4/9/2021 - pick day starting, Friday, at 8pm EST, 7pm CST, 6pm MST, 5pm PST
Current timeline is subject to change depending on feedback from participants

Caution - We have had a number of members forget the dates and times; put it in your Google Calendar or set reminders.

What happens on pick day
- Based on the pick order the first individual will have five minutes to make their selection
- The second individual in the list will have up to five minutes to make their selection
- Rinse and repeat until all members have chosen (see notes above about late arrivals, MIAs, etc)
- There will be a timeline provided by the OP (me) as well that includes pauses in order to update the available offers, let people catch up, etc.

Past FOTHBs REVIEW THESE THREADS IF YOU HAVEN'T JOINED FotHB
FotHB I
FotHB II
FotHB III
FotHB IV
FotHB V
FotHB VI
FotHB VII
FotHB VIII
FotHB IX
FotHB X
FotHB XI
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/threads/fellowship-of-the-homebrew-xii-the-purge.684021/

Last edited:
It's been a while since I set a thread up. Hope I got everyone. Please look over the times/date, obviously majority rules here but I am personally somewhat flexible.

@TwistedGray , how did you link the previous FotHBs?

I wish I was in. I don't have a single thing to offer. I have an all natural spontaneous sour that I may go forward with. Been sitting in fermentor for 5 years now. It's very...... interesting. And a ginger bread brown that I wouldn't wish on anyone. I'm just not in town enough to commit to anything fresh. I haven't even used the new equipment, not even a water test. Moving back to Connecticut should help, I'll have a much longer brew season.

Doing beer math last night and I think I need a few more kegs if I continue on my brew schedule as is. Not a bad problem to have right? Good thing I have a cheap local source for pin locks :)

I went to 2.5gl kegs just for that specific problem. I love variety but 8x5gal kegs seemed like a lot. Plus can always add a couple more 2.5gal..

Opps, that was me Pianoman...knew I'd do that.

Haha. @whoeveryouarenow I wish I could find deals on 2.5 gallon kegs. I can get in service pin locks for $15.
🤔 I know some decent welders. Maybe I could modify some to be 2.5-3 gallons?

Last edited:
Haha. @whoeveryouarenow I wish I could find deals on 2.5 gallon kegs. I can get in service pin locks for $15.
🤔 I know some decent welders. Maybe I could modify some to be 2.5-3 gallons?

I got mine from SoCo Homebrew, my LHBS. They sell conversation kits from pin to ball lock also.

Personal invitation...

@BongoYodeler
Thank you for the invitation @ThirstyPawsHB / Pianoman dude, but I think I'll respectfully decline. As tempting as it sounds I just don't brew often enough to have 4 beers at the ready at any given time. I have three on tap right now and two of them aren't worthy of trading. In fact when I've finally had enough of those two I'll probably dump them. But I'd be happy to send you a bottle of my Nutjob Pecan Porter if you'd like. I could use the feedback. DM me if interested.

Hop addition time ... errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr mushroom addition time I meant
PXL_20210212_165103534.jpg

@TwistedGray was it something I said?

Kung Fu instructor used to take us on 15mile walks through Felton Cowell Redwood Park and picked mushrooms. Never died....

Lol, just putzing with you ;)

I forage for cauliflower and oysters, and I've been trying to find porchini since January. Candy cap season though, so I'm hoping to find them in the coming days/weeks now that I got my dehydrator back. My

Also, brewed three batches today. I even managed to pitch the completely wrong yeast today in a batch. I'm curious how this will turn out.

Also, brewed three batches today. I even managed to pitch the completely wrong yeast today in a batch. I'm curious how this will turn out.

That's what this place is for brother! Sometimes I think we should allow 2 or 3 picks so folks can try more then just one persons HB a few times a year. That would require extra shipping cost though obviously...

Back