Fellowship of the Drink XXVI: Old Enough to Fight, Old Enough to Vote

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1_leeWVtR_r7Xk7kBrrzmq9g (1).png

Thanks, everyone! Send your PMs with shipping addresses!

Who You Selected:
  • LBussy selected jerbrew
  • Thorrak selected Knightshade
  • gromitdj selected orionol73
  • Nagorg selected TheDudeLebowski
  • orionol73 selected CTownBrewer
  • LoneTreeFarms selected Bago-0
  • jerbrew selected LBussy
  • fourfarthing selected Nagorg
  • jimyson selected fourfarthing
  • CTownBrewer selected jimyson
  • JamesonFan selected Thorrak
  • Knightshade selected JamesonFan
  • CrookedLaker selected HopsNTails
  • pers selected gromitdj
  • Bago-0 selected LoneTreeFarms
  • TheDudeLebowski selected CrookedLaker
  • HopsNTails selected pers
Who Selected You:
  • jerbrew was selected by LBussy
  • Knightshade was selected by Thorrak
  • orionol73 was selected by gromitdj
  • TheDudeLebowski was selected by Nagorg
  • CTownBrewer was selected by orionol73
  • Bago-0 was selected by LoneTreeFarms
  • LBussy was selected by jerbrew
  • Nagorg was selected by fourfarthing
  • fourfarthing was selected by jimyson
  • jimyson was selected by CTownBrewer
  • Thorrak was selected by JamesonFan
  • JamesonFan was selected by Knightshade
  • HopsNTails was selected by CrookedLaker
  • gromitdj was selected by pers
  • LoneTreeFarms was selected by Bago-0
  • CrookedLaker was selected by TheDudeLebowski
  • pers was selected by HopsNTails

Schramms ruined me from anything else. There are some highly rated NH meads those to the north of me. A good meadery tap room not too far also. I have a bag of wild blueberries I keep on meaning to ferment
This. Schramms is why I started liking mead, and is why I have been ruined from meaderies around me. The Bruery has them periodically as a “guest brewer” - I need to stock back up.

This. Schramms is why I started liking mead, and is why I have been ruined from meaderies around me. The Bruery has them periodically as a “guest brewer” - I need to stock back up.
I’ve had 5 gallons on mead sitting In my basement for about 7 years that I’ve yet to bottle. I should probably smarten up and do it.

I don't know why but anything shipped to my state is usually restricted. Especially the Midwest. However they somehow are my connection. Plus a lot of free shipping. Their Honeyberry just leap frogged all others I've had. Now I have Honeyberries growing in my woods. Hopeful for fruit this year.

I’ve had 5 gallons on mead sitting In my basement for about 7 years that I’ve yet to bottle. I should probably smarten up and do it.
Same. I just don’t like the finish of mine. It has a bit too much bite (tartaric acid) on the back end. Have been slowly trying to mellow it out over the years.

Same. I just don’t like the finish of mine. It has a bit too much bite (tartaric acid) on the back end. Have been slowly trying to mellow it out over the years.

mine is due to laziness. Wine bottles and all. I’m not actively brewing, just drinking lately, so it makes it even harder.

Not mead, but I found some 2014 RIS in 750's in my basement while cleaning it out. Yum!

are we drinking Irish whiskey in this FotD?
I could have taken a picture like that - the cabinets are all empty because the painter is coming today. What a mess! I notice that's not all Irish Whiskey though, sir. :) I had s Lot B and drank it. It was a gateway drug for me (as @Thorrak will attest.) I have to slim my collection down to the essentials so we can move.

@pers new guys usually get picked low. Don’t feel bad. I won’t when I’m drinking that liquid sunshine!
Pretty sure I was picked last my first two rounds. I'm also suspicious that the 3D printed labeling jig and not the beer is what got me picked sooner this time. ;)

Forgive the Hijack but can you tell me where you bought the WL Wellers? One of my favorite bourbons but very hard to find anymore, last bottle I found was in Arkansas this summer but only could buy one.
Michigan. If you are out of the South East corner things last slightly longer on the shelf.

I stiiiiiill need more bubble wrap. Going to the man-store today. I have had contractors in the house since we're getting ready to sell and things are ... discombobulated.

Back