Feedback on Sam Adam's White Christmas Clone Recipe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gregfreemyer

Reaction score
I wanted to do a White Christmas clone. I didn't find much via google.

I'm a relative noob, so I went to my lhbs and asked for advice. I've only done extracts, so asked them to propose a LME based recipe. They suggested:

Extract:
4 lbs PL LME
2 lbs Wheat LME

Grains:
10oz White Wheat
8 Oz Munich
6 Oz Honeymalt
1 lb Oats

Boil:
60 min 1 oz Hallertau Hops
15 min 1/2 Tablespoon Cinnimmon
15 min 2 teaspoons Nutmeg
15 min 1/2 oz orange peel
5 min 1/2 oz Hallertau Hops
2 min 1/2 oz Hallertau Hops

Any agreement/disagreement? Recommendations for change. I don't know how good the guy at the lhbs is, but he was the store's best brewer.

That recipe looks pretty good. Only thing I'm not real sure on is the spices, but it should be fine. I had the White Christmas once, even if not a clone, what you have above looks like a good and similar recipe.

I'm sure you could simplify and add the 1oz Hallertau and all the spices at 5 mins w/o any different impact on flavor.

I'm going to try it or some variation of it next weekend. I'll do the various timings at least the first time.

If anyone's curious, I bottled this yesterday. It smelled and tasted great. I'm really looking forward to getting this carb'ed and ready to drink. This is only my 4th batch, but I think it will be my best to date.

Back