FEAR the Waking Dead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not a big critic of TV. It doesn't take much to impress me. I really wanted to like this show.

On a scale of 1-10, this show was a 2. And I'm being generous.

Pick a theme & go with it. Nobody is that lame in real life. Even the black captain is a noob.

I just hope the Game of Thrones isn't a huge let down too.

I am still in the sunday habit of watching TWD... I did not want to watch since I figured it would not get better... yet, I did and it is getting worse! Almost impossible but they did the impossible... wtf?

I just wish they would give me a reason to care about the characters. Right now I could care less if they all turn. Slade is the only one I find interesting, because I don't know his motives.

Last Sunday's episode was the worst of the series. They didn't accomplish anything. Sure, they found out that most of the US has been infected but they could have guessed that. It was pretty much a waste of an episode.

Also, I find it funny that they are doing the review of the episodes after with Chris Hardwick. Is it really that good of a show to be doing so? I mean they didn't start doing that with TWD until way later on in the seasons.

When did Strand tell the jonny depp lookin kid that he had to go visit a certain house? I don't remember seeing that conversation.

When did Strand tell the jonny depp lookin kid that he had to go visit a certain house? I don't remember seeing that conversation.

Same here. I remember the Asian guy finding a map and tell some one about it. But I don't remember anyone handing out an address.

Can some one shed some light on that one?

Last week's episode was a bit trite and ended all too predictably. I suppose next week will focus on the 'crossing'.

Last week's episode was a bit trite and ended all too predictably. I suppose next week will focus on the 'crossing'.

It was awfully considerate of Reed to quit making zombie noises during the handoff, though.

The writing frustrates me. The main characters have jumped so quickly from "oh my god, what's happening?" to "ok...we go in, take everyone out, and get our people back." Yet, I keep watching it, and every week SWMBO and I look at each other at the end of the episode and say "really?"

Well here's what I learned:

If you're using a knife-edge trigger-happy psychopathic teenage murderer to guard your prison, at least gag the prisoner.

If you're a zomb-apocolyptic pirate captain making a prisoner exchange on your own dock: a) take bags off heads before the exchange, b) have more guards.

Nevermind. Poisoned communion wafers.

Keeping the dead locked up like that is very much like the governor keeping his dead daughter in TWD.

True. Also very much like Hershel's farm where they kept and fed the walkers in the barn.

I wanted so much for this show to be better but I'm just not seeing that happen. Also, a mid-season finale? That crap needs to stop.

The Travis and Chris characters are ruining the show. Madison can be annoying too. I find the other characters more interesting. In this universe, I don't see how Travis would've survived this long.

I'm only half paying attention to this show anymore, so forgive me if my details are sketchy...

Chris is a liability, he must be killed. Maybe an "accident" in the middle of the night where he shoots himself three or four times in the head.

Strand couldn't get them into Mexico, and Celia-ville ain't exactly paradise. He has no reason to be allowed to live now. Except of course we still don't know why he brought all the main characters with him, which I don't think has yet been explained?

Speaking of couldn't get into Mexico, are they done with the boat and high seas adventure? Will they try to hoof it into Mexico on foot? Or are they already in the place they were trying to get to in the first place? Not really clear on that. In any case, agreed with a previous poster, loot and run. Or wipe out Celia and hole up there awhile.

Or maybe they could take the boat and try to reach Canada or Alaska...does cold slow down walkers? Or make for Hawaii and live off chickens, pineapples and Spam?

And is my timeline off, or are these people still only like a week into the Apocalypse?

IMO at this point they could kill off everyone except Nick and the Reuben Blades guy (and his daughter, she's OK) and start over with a whole new cast.

It appears that Strand was trying all along to get back to the hacienda and his boyfriend. Why that needed to involve the rest of the group, I don't know. All that stuff about "I could use someone with your particular skill set" to Nick back in the quarantine zone? I've seen no explanation for that yet.

And how did Madison have a knife in her room if they had to surrender their weapons? The writing on this show frustrates the hell out of me.

It appears that Strand was trying all along to get back to the hacienda and his boyfriend. Why that needed to involve the rest of the group, I don't know. All that stuff about "I could use someone with your particular skill set" to Nick back in the quarantine zone? I've seen no explanation for that yet.

And how did Madison have a knife in her room if they had to surrender their weapons? The writing on this show frustrates the hell out of me.

Strand has used Nick for recon missions, and he (or Nick?) did explain something to the effect that Nick being a heroin addict living on the fringes of society already made him something of an "apocalypse-ready" individual. Probably the most insightful thing on this show thus far.

Maybe Madison has learned a thing or two about smuggling weapons from students, having been a HS counselor and all.

I don't really consider myself _homophobic_ but I guess I'll be that guy...Why does every show these days have to incorporate the politically correct gay couple?

I don't really consider myself _homophobic_ but I guess I'll be that guy...Why does every show these days have to incorporate the politically correct gay couple?

What makes you think they include gay people because they "have to"? Or do you mean to simply ask why they would chose to include them? Why would doing so be "politically correct"?

I did enjoy the last 3 episodes for the most part. Travis should become zombie lunch. Chris meh. He adds a bit of unstableness, but could care less if he stays or goes. Daniel and Celia were the best characters yet...guess we have to wait and see if either or both survived.

Every sitcom or drama should apply the appropriate proportion of race, sex, ethnic, etc. for the situation.

Back