favre retire?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nvr2low

Reaction score
now that the Jets have ended another season in disappointment does Favre stick around? Im not sure how i feel since the season was so up and down. on a high note, the pats are not in the playoffs this season! if the Jets cant make it im happy to see Pennington take the phins to the playoffs and the afc east champs!

yeah not to mention the pats are outside looking in:ban::ban:

as for favre...... i really don't know and truly doubt if he himself knows how he'll feel in say march about coming back

As much as I hated seeing him torch the Lions year after year, I've always loved watching the guy play. As long as he sprints to the endzone and lifts his reciever in the air like it's the first TD he's ever thrown, I'm all for him playing. He's good people and good for the game, and I'd bet my last dollar the guy would drink a homebrew with any one of us.

He said he was going to retire, then went somewhere else. Just make up your fricken mind dude. Unless you didn't manage your millions properly, you don't have to work another day in your life.

I'd like to see Favre take up homebrewing, and then we could yakk with him here at HBT.

He said he was going to retire, then went somewhere else. Just make up your fricken mind dude. Unless you didn't manage your millions properly, you don't have to work another day in your life.

I'd like to see Favre take up homebrewing, and then we could yakk with him here at HBT.

Green Bay offered him 20 million just to stay retired! I honestly think he loves playing the game, but I seriously hate this melodrama of "Favre's retirement."

Green Bay offered him 20 million just to stay retired! I honestly think he loves playing the game, but I seriously hate this melodrama of "Favre's retirement."

you can tell when he plays he loves it! the drama is a little old, as a Jets fanim just curious what others are thinking. i would like to see him stick around, i mean its favre after all, but im not 100% sure he is what the jets need, although they had other issues at the end of the season far beyond the QB position.

I myself was happy to see Miami win...I hated the way The Jets just dropped Pennington when it seemed they had a chance to get Favre.....I have always been a Jets fan since Namath, but I think they sent themselves back at least 2 years by getting Favre.....

And go Philly!!! They Stomped the Cowboys!!!! I just loved the look on Jerry Jones' face in the box.....

I myself was happy to see Miami win...I hated the way The Jets just dropped Pennington when it seemed they had a chance to get Favre.....I have always been a Jets fan since Namath, but I think they sent themselves back at least 2 years by getting Favre.....

i disagree, i think pennington had done all he was going to do in ny. i was a huge fan and had great hopes for him but since his injury he just never played the same. i think favre is what clemons needs to help break into the role of star starting qb. i have high hopes for him once favre retires.

I too am a long suffering Jets fan...I bleed Green, but I was not sad to see Chad go. Don't get me wrong, he's a really good quarterback, but his arm is too weak for Giants stadium. All we need now is a new coach and a new quearterback and a defense and we're set! As for Farve, I expect him to retire.

As a life long, born and bred, aqua and orange bleeding Miami Dolfan - I have to say that I hope the stinkin Jets (no offense, lol) let Favre stick around as long as he wants! Favre did the Dolphins such a huge favor this season. At the start of preseason we were PRAYING that we might could win 5 or 6 games. This is a dream for us. We all feel like we won the Super Bowl today. Long live Pennington!!!

As a life long, born and bred, aqua and orange bleeding Miami Dolfan - I have to say that I hope the stinkin Jets (no offense, lol) let Favre stick around as long as he wants! Favre did the Dolphins such a huge favor this season. At the start of preseason we were PRAYING that we might could win 5 or 6 games. This is a dream for us. We all feel like we won the Super Bowl today. Long live Pennington!!!

well, its hard to say but in a way i was almost happy to see the jets loose today. since a win wouldnt have got them to the postseason it sure was nice to see pennington knock out the pats! i was always a pennington fan so i hope he does well for miami in the post this year and next year as long as the jets do better!

damn it... am I the only Pats fan on this board?

It's been a long day.... great football, but a long day

well, the pats have brought a lot of hate their way so i think just about everyone was hoping they would be out of it this year. especially us JETS fans!

well, the pats have brought a lot of hate their way so i think just about everyone was hoping they would be out of it this year. especially us JETS fans!

it would have been great to see the JETS walk away with a win today.. not just for NE but for Favre to get one last win.... cause I think he's all done after this year

and come on.. the PATS went 11-5 and still aren't in:mad:

depressing isnt it? sounds like something only the jets could pull off!

LOL.. only a die hard JETS fan would be able to say that.

But I do hope after this season the NFL looks at the playoff procedures. Doesn't make any sense that a 11-5 team can't get in but AZ who I think was 8-7 , still got in. Kinda odd in any situation

So much for the 10 win rules huh

ya, 10 win rule is out the door. i agree, maybe the entire afc east should be in the post season! haha. i guess Arizona is the difference between a good conference and the NFC!

^^^^ hahahah

Yes, I hope the Jets can get a decent QB and turn it around next year.....

Maybe Tebow will go Pro......couldn't you see him running around in white and green?

Scoring touchdowns with the greatest of glee.......!!!

LOL.. only a die hard JETS fan would be able to say that.

But I do hope after this season the NFL looks at the playoff procedures. Doesn't make any sense that a 11-5 team can't get in but AZ who I think was 8-7 , still got in. Kinda odd in any situation

So much for the 10 win rules huh

Actually the Cards managed to pick up 9 wins. However the Chargers are in at 8-8.

Though I don't really feel too bad about the Pats missing the playoffs. They did have an extremely easy schedule playing the AFC West and the NFC West. Those two divisions don't have a good team between them and only a couple decent teams.

When I say yesterday that the Ravens were not going to be denied the playoffs I started rooting for Miami to win and ice out NE.

I think the playoff selection is a good system. You just need to win your division. And since your division plays nearly the same schedule that is a pretty good test. If a division has several strong teams then there is a chance to put a second (or third) team in the playoffs. The Chargers, Titans, Fins and Steelers deserve the playoffs. The Colts and Ravens are lucky they still get a chance. IMHO. I know that wild card teams have won the SB twice in the last three years but I still feel that a team should win the division to earn a playoff spot. Wildcards are to give strong losers a second chance.

Craig

Mangini is Failgini. He hasn't performed at all this season.

They should have put a coaches headset in Favres helmet and let him coach. They would have been playoff contenders.

Ahhhhhh..... another year of the tractor watch. Jets fans... welcome to the lives of every Packer fan for the last half decade.

I think he will hang it up. I believe his heart is still in Green Bay and with the fans here. This year was a spite season for him to prove he still had it, which everyone new he still had. Next year will turn out to be just another year playing, but in New York, not Green Bay. No vengeance to be had, just more soreness. I think he will head back home, and wait for his invite to the Hall.

If Favre wants to keep playing then he should stop "retiring". It was ridiculous when he came back to play for the Jets and I thought that was the last season, but coming back again for the Vikings just so he can try to beat the Packers? That's lame.

Doesn't matter. Brett has lost all the respect I had for him as a professional the last time.

Hang 'em up, dude. Time to ride off into the sunset.

I agree. Favre was one of the best quarterbacks in the league. He's lost all respect I had for him just because of this drama. His legacy in Green Bay has been severely hurt by him leaving the team and going somewhere else. Talk about burning bridges! I just can't see why anyone would still want to watch him play. He's old, he's slow, and he's dangerous with the passes. As they say in Top Gun, "You're writing checks your body can't cash". Not sure if that's applicable in this situation, but just watched the movie last night and it seems to be a fitting statement for Favre.

Back