Favorite lawnmower beer yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EO74

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I love to make and share lighter summer brews this time of year but it can be trickey to pick the right yeast at the right temp for the right brew,so whats your favorite summer brew yeast??Mines either S-05 or 2112:fro:

As of right now I'm contemplating dumping the rest of my ale yeast out and switching all my recipes (wheat beers excluded) to Pacman yeast. This stuff is amazing! Ed's Haus Pale from 1.054 to 1.008 in 3 days!

Basement stays 60F all summer long. Should work out well.

pac man is distinctly different than WLP001 which is supposedly what US-05 is but then I don't buy that either.

Mine would be WLP833 I guess, which is what I make all of my lagers with.

Id love to try me some pac-man but im trying to clear up my stockpile yeast/hops so i think most of my summer brews this year will be washed cry-havoc,even though i love S-05 sometimes u just have to use what u got before it goes bad:mug:

I really love using WLP001 at 62-64 degrees for a clean, fast fermenting beer. My haus ale is a 1.040 blonde with cascade late hops that is ready to keg in 6 or 7 days. If you use an appropriate starter, wlp001 works great even at 60F.

Eric

Back