Favorite Brewing Music

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't even know half the groups mentioned here. Being a old guy I prefer Jimi Hendrix, Pink Floyd, GNR, Dire Straits, Bob Seger, Kid Rock, Ozzy (Black Sabbath) U2, John Mellencamp, Motown, just about anything from the 60's. Absolutely hate AC/DC.

Scott h. Biram (already mentioned), Old Crow Medicine Show, Hank III, Merle Haggard, George Jones, Dale Watson, Wayne Hancock, Hank Jr, the Louvin Brothers, Sonny Terry & Brownie McGhee, Reverend Horton Heat, Clutch......

Check out Hayseed Dixie if you haven't already heard of them. They're an extremely talented bluegrass band who do covers of classic rock tunes.

yes, I have heard of them, they are pretty good. If you havent checked them out already, look into Iron Horse, they do bluegrass covers of classic metal and rock tunes(ozzy and metalica mostly). Let me tell ya, as a banjo player myself, the banjo player in Iron Horse is top notch! For some other oddball stringband/bluegrass/mixed genre type stuff Old Crow Medicine Show, Avett Brothers, and Yonder Mountain Stringband are worth checking out

I usually start with some Rush or some Zappa for an hour or so. Sometimes then some Judas priest or Iron Maiden. Then I either go harder or obscure. I'll do As I Lay Dying or Trivium or go into Man Man or Gogol Bordello. Either way I am very satisfied especially with a couple of brews in me. All of which I do Pandora.

Tonight it's Modest Mouse followed by a little Irish punk: Flogging Molly/Dropkick Murphys/Pogues...

Ashz said:
I have to listen to music while brewing, I like a lot of stuff really.

Bluegrass of any sort, Punk (Anything from NoFx to The cramps, to operation Ivy, misfits), almost anything metal (Soulfly, hatebreed, Children of Bodom, Lamb of god, Dethklok) , I have recently really gotten into Muse, I LOVE me some Clutch, I could listen to them constantly. Kyuss I find to be extremely fitting to the brew process, sprinkle with QOTSA as well. Tool is a must have as is APC. Throw in certain country artists, early early blues.

Generally I am a punk and Metal guy, it's what I grew up with, my tastes have changed to include other genre's as I have gotten older. I love any music that makes me feel something. Mainly I love music.

Oh and at times when I am trying to help my brother learn while brewing we listen to Jamil's podcasts. I always learn something from these.

Saw Clutch on Wednesday, amazing show.

I loop Friday by Rebecca Black. It REALLY motivates me because I get off of work on Friday and start brewing. Usually yesterday was thursday, today it is friday. I'm so excited. Tomorrow is saturday and sunday comes afterwards (and thats when my fermentation is at its bestest!!!!) Fun fun fun.

Seriously though, I'd never heard of Amon Amarth and I love it. Glad I read this thread. Cradle of filth and Fear Factory was the metal I was into back in the day. Today, it's just standard radio rap/r&b/pop stuff. It's probably going to change after this new finding.

I loop Friday by Rebecca Black. It REALLY motivates me because I get off of work on Friday and start brewing. Usually yesterday was thursday, today it is friday. I'm so excited. Tomorrow is saturday and sunday comes afterwards (and thats when my fermentation is at its bestest!!!!) Fun fun fun.

Thanks man, now I've got that awful loop burning in my brain.

Yesterday's brew session was Minnesota Public Radio day. All Classical - all day long. I stayed amazingly calm and relaxed.:cool:

Last brew was Avenged Sevenfold for me. I can't Imagine many of you listen to them though!

Wow! That's gotta be the all time epic necropost! :mug:

But...as long as you reopened a long dead thread...Lately I've been starting each brew session with The Cure 4:13 Dream, followed by my all time favorite Pink Floyd Pulse (clearly, I'm old ;) ) then Modest Mouse We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank, and finally as much of the entire published works by The Clash that it takes to finish up.

If the SO is home that's all playing on my 'Pod and 'buds, of course, but if she's out, it's rockin' the whole neighborhood on the kilowatt A/V system! :D

Cheers!

Mparsons327 said:
Last brew was Avenged Sevenfold for me. I can't Imagine many of you listen to them though!

Followed by some All That Remains, Slipknot and maybe some Devildriver! Rockin! :)

I actually have an imperial ipa that I brew named after avenged sevenfold's song called "A LITTLE PIECE OF HEAVEN"!

I brew in utter silence. In the dark. Naked.

Brewing in its rawest most natural form.

Actually I usually listen to local Indy/Alternative rock station.

Avett Bros, Mumford and Sons, Wilco, The Weeks, The Frames, and maybe a little Tribe Called Quest just for fun. I like to keep it mellow...

I put the allman brothers artist name into pandora radio and just let it roll on its own for a few hours... it usually puts some good stuff on.

Back